AMC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Possible. A lot will depend on if The parent company learns from its pricing debacle with Dish and AT&T.

S~

There is no reason at this time to think Directv is going to drop AMC. They just put AMC hd up recently.

If the contract is up in October of this year AND AMC tries to get the rumored increases they are with Dish & AT&T, I wouldn't bet the farm that they will not drop it.

But I think what will play out is that AMC will get something less (maybe much less) from both E* and AT&T and then D* will get the same or nearly so.

Someone, Dish, DTV, whoever, needs to start standing up to the content providers.. and yes, that means some of us will sometimes lose channels we like.

There is no reason at this time to think Directv is going to drop AMC. They just put AMC hd up recently.

Yes, I looked it up and they added the HD feed in September. I just wanted to know if this October is fact or a troll's rumor.

Yes, I looked it up and they added the HD feed in September. I just wanted to know if this October is fact or a troll's rumor.

You know those little guys that live under bridges? :)

It's highly unlikely that we'll ever get confirmation from DirecTV when their AMC contract expires. Keeping that information confidential is a competitive advantage, consider Dish customers switching for example.

In my experience, unless they promote it as an onging dispute (like Dish did recently with AMC), carriers essentially never disclose contractual status.

Someone, Dish, DTV, whoever, needs to start standing up to the content providers.. and yes, that means some of us will sometimes lose channels we like.
Don't be fooled into thinking that DIRECTV isn't having their battles with carriage agreements. They've got at least one brewing most of the time. The last three or so have been LIL disputes.

Everyone is doing their part in the battle against carriage fee hikes.

In my experience, unless they promote it as an onging dispute (like Dish did recently with AMC), carriers essentially never disclose contractual status.
Apparently you've ignored the sum total of the impending DISH dispute. They announced almost a month before the end of the contract that the channels would be going away as a result of their dispute. Pressure from #3's subscribers (or #2 in DIRECTV's case) is not something to be held in reserve until after the contract is officially dead; especially in view of the current public perception of such confrontations.

Apparently you've ignored the sum total of the impending DISH dispute. They announced almost a month before the end of the contract that the channels would be going away as a result of their dispute. Pressure from #3's subscribers (or #2 in DIRECTV's case) is not something to be held in reserve until after the contract is officially dead; especially in view of the current public perception of such confrontations.

I think we're essentially saying the same thing. Let me try to say my thought better:

In my experience, unless a carrier is promoting the end of a carriage contract as part of preparing for a dispute (like Dish has been doing with the AMC situation), carriers essentially never disclose the status (ending timeline) of a contract with a content provider.

If the breaking bad and mad men seasons aren't going on, they have half a year to solve their dispute without anything of value being lost. If they don't reach an agreement, AMC will be the one losing out since fans of these shows will watch them despite not having the channel

Sent from my iPhone

I see alot of people that dont have contracts with Dish leaving them for other providers imo

If the breaking bad and mad men seasons aren't going on, they have half a year to solve their dispute without anything of value being lost. If they don't reach an agreement, AMC will be the one losing out since fans of these shows will watch them despite not having the channel

Sent from my iPhone

Breaking Bad premiers July 15th.
Breaking Bad – AMC

Not much time for Dish hardball.

It's highly unlikely that we'll ever get confirmation from DirecTV when their AMC contract expires. Keeping that information confidential is a competitive advantage, consider Dish customers switching for example.

But AMC might ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)