AMC1/103 W: Please post your results

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now to learn the settings for using 8-place diseqcs! Of course, for now, I can add the other Birdview via a second 4-place on the 22khz line.
I'm starting to really ENJOY this again! I think it's an "autumn" thing for me. Always enjoyed installing 'em in the autumn, too.

You'll know I'm REALLY bold, Scott when I update the MicroHD and reinstall all my favorites manually since I can't do it from my list I've been told.

?

Using an FM transmitter is smart. I've tried using FaceTime on my iPhone. I couldn't aim the phone so that I could see the signal quality.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Interesting idea, Scott! You just put the old cordless "off hook" near the TV and listen to its frequency on the scanner outside?

Do the update. It's always good to clean house every once in awhile. :)

For me and others, then...It really doesn't matter if we've saved our "user" file on the microHD when updating
from the first release of software, right? I basically reinstall my locations and switch positions (locations are saved in the VBOX anyway)...
and re-scan, rebuild favorites list, right? We're starting from square one after the update as if the box is new from our seller?

Silly question...is there a way to print the current list of favorites so when reinstalling none are missed?

And, can the new recordings co-exist temporarily with the old ones which I understand won't play once the update is done, unless on a PC...

You can move my somewhat redundant question if need-be.....but I'm getting CLOSE to doing the firmware update.
Gotta say, I'd have done one long before now if the box had issues, but the MicroHD is an incredible piece of work that didn't "beg" for improvements for
the average user like me!

?

Using an FM transmitter is smart. I've tried using FaceTime on my iPhone. I couldn't aim the phone so that I could see the signal quality.

I have several old iPhones and a new iPhone 5. I have Skype installed on them all. Only the 5 has cellular anymore but they all still work on my wifi.
Have two different Skype accounts and connect two of them that way. Set up a video chat and prop one phone in front of the TV and take the other out in the yard with you.
That’s how I used to do it (on even older iPhones) before I got a meter. I did it like this earlier this year when I was lazy and didn’t feel like taking my Dish Network STB out into the yard (I don’t have a meter that will help me with their HD channels).
I’m sure most any smartphone would suffice. Maybe laptops too. Or a combination of..

I can see that working well! Only thing I found using "any" phone apps or "any" color TV and receiver is, in bright daylight they're nearly useless.
So, for me, being an "audio" guy, once the receiver's locked to the proper settings, the audio-only means little to carry, and excellent results.
LOVE the ingenuity here with methods! All quite good! Also love when these threads spin off new ideas for us all!

Does Skype require WiFi? The reason I ask is because I don't have WiFi coverage near the dishes.

Skype needs either wifi or cellular data. If you can get internet on your phone you should be good to go. You can do wifi on the one inside and cellular data on the one out by the dishes. I’ve done that before.

Here's something not high tech. I use either the S9 or Viewsat Ultra ( limited to DVB-S) and a laptop with a video USB capture device right at the dish site. I get video and audio and internet access as required. Doesn't take long to setup and knock down.

using coolsat and stuff in my sig

11942 s 85 - q 57
12145 s 85 - q 56
12178 s 88 - q 59
11813 s 81 - q 36

I get nothing for cozi TV ( I am aware my coolsat doesn't do dvb-s2 or 8psk)
11840 s o - q 0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts