AMC1 103W first time post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slack

Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Cetral Florida
I have a 40 inch Dish currently picking up SES-1 at 101W.
Is it possible to pick up 103W with a directv dish, I would like to get this bird for the NBC feeds. Thanks.

Depends on the dish size. If its a tiny little 18" round dish, forget it. Need at least a 31" dish. A slimline dish might work.

Even a larger DirecTV dish, such as a DirecTV International or a retrofitted Slimline with linear LNBF, might have trouble with the NBC stuff since it's DVB-S2. You'll also need a DVB-S2-compatible receiver such as the Openbox (SSO) or Azbox.

For reliable reception, I would recommend the largest dish you can find or have room for (at least 90CM a good idea).

I am going to say no. I tried to get the S2 stuff on 103W with a 36" dish and an AZ box and had a real hard time keeping it locked. I moved a 40" dish over to 103W and was able to keep a lock.

I am using a DreamBox Dm500s and have a old primestar 40x43 inch dish, I also have a viewsat Ultra 2000 which i think is dvb-s2. I will try for this Satellite tommorow and see what happens.

Last edited:
Viewsat Ultra doesn't do any S-2 signals, sorry. But you have the right idea with the big primestar dish-should be a good size for 103 S2.

according to lyngsat most of the feeds are in DVB-S and only couple in DVB-S2. So.... I should have no prob at getting these feeds

Uh, OK, but when most people ask about the NBC feeds on AMC1 they're asking about the HD network feeds, which are DVB-S2, rather than the news-gathering feeds, which are DVB-S. That's why everyone was telling you how hard it is to get the feeds.

and with the oddball skew and the fact the NBC news feeds run low power anyways you would need a larger dish. a 30" is tough to get some of them. 36" works better (with the right skew)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts