Understanding KU LNB frequency settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have 3 different receivers that I alternate through 1 dish right now for testing. I just have a generic ku linear lnb. I am not sure how to set the frequency in each of my receivers. Because when I blind scan I keep getting different transponder number and when I transfer those specs to my non blind scan receiver I am coming up with nothing. Does every FTA KU bird have the same settings for LNB power or does this correspond with the frequency of the transponder? IF: 11.7 - 12.75 Ghz, LO - 10.75 is what it says on the lnb and its model CSS11G ROC. Do I put the setting at 10750 for everything?

Also, what is the surefire way to know EXACTLY what transponder settings are on a bird besides trying to stealthly look it up on the channel's website? How can one trust the listings on a list online? I haven't noticed LNB frequency listings for the transponders that are listed so I am confused and so is my Coolsat 8000!

i am not really 100% sure exactly what your asking but i will try my best....

i can not seem to find alot of info on that LNB online but going by the specs you have provided you should set your LNB type to standard and set the LNB freq to 10750....

when you blind scan it is normal sometimes for the TP freq to be slightly off from the real TP freq....it is nothing to worry about and will not affect signal quality in any way....an example would be an actual TP freq of 12050 might scan in as 12049 on your receiver....

as for channel and listing online....you really can NOT trust any list for a few different reasons....the first one being that no list will ever be 100% up to date because channels and TPs change around alot....also no list will ever have all the wild feeds out there and they change alot also....for these reasons having a good blind scan receiver is pretty much an absolute must in my own opinion....this way the receiver finds the TPs for you....it does the work and not you....i would never by a receiver without a blind scan option.....

Last edited:
Also, what is the surefire way to know EXACTLY what transponder settings are on a bird besides trying to stealthly look it up on the channel's website? How can one trust the listings on a list online? I haven't noticed LNB frequency listings for the transponders that are listed so I am confused and so is my Coolsat 8000!

you can be off by 1 or 2 MHZ with no issues. Thats what happens when folks blind scan and use consumer LNB's. If you had pro LNB's (like they use on uplinks) then it would be more stabil. I've seen documents that have the exact frequency and symbol rate and most receivers can be off by 1 or 2 on the frequency and up to 30 on the symbol rate with no issues.

the LO has to do with the LNB, not the satellite. You use the same LO for every receiver on that LNB.

Does every FTA KU bird have the same settings for LNB power or does this correspond with the frequency of the transponder? IF: 11.7 - 12.75 Ghz, LO - 10.75 is what it says on the lnb and its model CSS11G ROC. Do I put the setting at 10750 for everything?
yes you put 10750 as the LNB power for all the KU Band sats.
If you had a DBS one to get the couple freebies on Dish or Bell then the LNB LO is set for 11250

most receivers scan the IF frequency which runs from 950-2150. So if you take 11700 (the lowest frequency on a standard KU sat) minus 950 and you get...tada! 10750 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AMC1 103W first time post

Let's import mesh dishes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts