AMC3 rtv? what i'm missing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fire1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
henderson,ky
So far I seen two threads saying there geting rtv and some other stuff I can't get:confused:. why is it they doing to get them? I have in big dish from the old cband days and openbox s9 is it my lnb? it the dxsoming ku/c band lnb? and all I can get is whats shows on the list nasa, metv, ect,ect so what am I doing wroug:mad: here HELP.
I just what my RTV and chicks for free!

looks like my open box woun't pick up DVB-S2??? i use blind sand is there something I have to do to get DVB-S2??

Openbox 9 should get it just fine.

Depending on the setup you have, put on a known working channel and play with the skew settings on your dish if you still tune it with an analog satellite receiver. Get your signal peaked doing that and then under the settings in the S9 go to the transponder with the RTV stuff which for me is 4080H. On my dish I have to bump it to the east a few times for them to come in.

If they still arent coming in, take your receiver and a small tv and go out to the dish. Take your hands and move the dish slightly in all directions and see if that helps. Mine barely came in until I went out and readjusted the dish elevation about a half turn on the nut

There's nothing other than having a tuned up , appropriate size, dish to receive S2 with the S9. For decent S2 performance - You have to seriously get the LNB at the optimum distance from the face of the dish and skewed correctly. Make sure it's also centered and aimed at the center of the dish. The dish itself has to be tracking perfectly. (although you could just peak 87W and let it be so so across the rest of the arc) Now, I'd use another receiver to tune as the S9's meter is terrible. It's easy to get a Q of 70, but takes a LOT to get anything above that. I use my trusty Pansat 3500SD as I find it's meter quite accurate and doesn't just shoot to 70 right away. ( it's almost like as soon as it locks, it shows 70, on most TP's) Right now my S9 shows Q within a few points on the RTV mux's, But I know one is a LOT stronger than the other. If mis-aligned slightly, the strong one will still show Q 70, and the weak one is Q 0.

Alignment is the key, the 3000 mux is weaker then the 4080. The RTV channels are not barn burners by any means. The Coolsat gets 80's Q and 50's Q respectively on my 12 and its peaked up.

crap just can't get it to tune in. hopelfy soon It be just dvb I herd it was going to be ezer to get soon.

Have you tried manually to enter in the frequency and symbol rate info? I've seen situations where the receiver will scan and will be off by a Mhz or two. Manually punch in the frequency and symbol rate to see if that helps. (Don't use blind scan) How big of a dish do you have fire1000?

We know you're using an S9. What size dish? & maybe Model? LNB model? If Polar mount, is it tracking?
Or is it Az-El? More info=better answers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)