AMC4 (101W) on OpenBox S10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thezet

Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Hey guys,

I need some help. It is driving me crazy. I had my dish pointed at AMC4 101W a while back and did the scan without problems. Back then, I did not have a DVB-S2 box, so I could only get sound from 12020H 30000 2/3.

While waiting on the Openbox S10, I moved the dish back to 97W (Thai channel). Today I have hooked up my S10 and I can scan/lock in on most of the TP, except 12020H. Does anyone of you have any insight on what might be wrong?

I have excellent quality on 12120, or 12060, and a few others. I've read somewhere that 12020 is a strong TP, so dish pointing should not be an issue, correct? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Somehow I believe that AMC4 had technical difficulties. Coming in now at excellent quality...

Thanks
Alex

Last edited:
I just scan SES1 at 101W Fr, 12020H 30000 2/3 with my OpenBox S10 and it scan 45 TVPool channels in the clear

I can scan/lock in on most of the TP, except 12020H.

12020H is S2 and 12060H is not. I can't scan in 12020H at all even though I have an S2 card while I get the rest of the TPs. I believe a bigger dish will solve your problem. It seems that S2 signals always needs a bigger dish to get a picture. Audio does not need the same signal strength as video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)