AMC4 and Galaxy25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghermai

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
I can get all the ethnic channels and Christian Channels from the two satellites.
I am interested in seeing PBS, ABC, CBS or any channels I can see some english sports (NBA, Soccer, Baseball e.t.c). Do I need to add another Dish for different Satellite to see those programmes if available?

Thanks for the Hint

yes and no

yes if you want to keep the existing dish fixed at AMC4 & IA5 (G25)

otherwise you could get a motor and put just one LNB on the existing dish and motor around the arc to the different satellites.

I actually do both. I have a fixed dish at G10 (which has a lot of English channels) and also have a motorized for the other satellites :)

yes and no

yes if you want to keep the existing dish fixed at AMC4 & IA5 (G25)

otherwise you could get a motor and put just one LNB on the existing dish and motor around the arc to the different satellites.

I actually do both. I have a fixed dish at G10 (which has a lot of English channels) and also have a motorized for the other satellites :)

What kind of motorized system do you recommend? How Accurate is the resulotion of motorized system, to give you all the satellites?
Also I checked G10 FTA channels on Lyngsat, a bunch of them are on C band. So, How do you deal With C band and K u Band on the Motorized system?

Thanks
G

regarding Ku band only

Lyngsat is a large and confusing place to look.
These two lists are less comprehensive , but might let you find things to try more quickly
FTAlist (listed by language, if that's helpful)
Global-CM , Ku band list, and a bunch of various lists.

One way to preview the various satellites, to see if you like them, would be to put up a separate dish and aim it at each in turn.
Of course, if you see a number of birds you are sure you'll want to receive, then going motorized is certainly a great idea.

If you find that you will be wanting to look at "feeds", then a receiver with a blind scan feature would be required.

To get CBS, your best bet would be getting a C-band dish. Although you can find ABC and PBS on ku-band. I also think that C-band would be your best bet for ML Baseball. Although you can find some games on ku-band. Good Luck on whatever you do! But, if nothing else, get a motorized system for ku-band. You won't regret it!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)