AMC4 KU intermittant weak signal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyoung1982

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
the last few nights I have noticed that on my setup the transponder on amc4 that the history channel is on has been getting randomly weak quality about 7 - 8pm centrla time then after about 8 it goes back to normal quality.

I have a Directway Model 6000 pointed at that sat and in the past has been great. I just noticed this a few nights ago and wondered if anyone else has noticed it? I live in Nashville Arkansas.

Also I was wondering doeds the directway dishes have a higher gain than the channelmaster 84e or is the channelmaster 84e a higher gain dish? I have several of those and only one directway dish and was wondering. if the directway dish has less gain than the channelmaster dish I might just change it out in the near future.

Attachments

• PIC-0578.jpg
    PIC-0578.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 178
  • PIC-0584.jpg
    PIC-0584.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 175
  • PIC-0583.jpg
    PIC-0583.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 155
  • PIC-0581.jpg
    PIC-0581.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 151
  • PIC-0582.jpg
    PIC-0582.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 170
AMC4 's Special Channels do get weaker in the evening. I am offset with that lnbf and it gave me a bit of trouble in the beginning till I retweaked the dish. Now it's within limits and fine. I gain about 15 quality points if I boresight at AMC-4 with the 84 cm.

I thought the Direct way dish was 39x23
The Primestar 84e is 40x30 so it is a larger dish

You're right. I just went and measured it for myself and its smaller than the primestar. I thought I had read somewhere though that the directway was engineered for better gain or somesuch but oh well.
the weather is clearing up here some so I may go tinker afterwhile. I knew something was up when G18 was staying in longer than amc4 was. I have a primestar .93x.60 dish on 123w (measures 36"wide by 26" tall) and it stays viewable longer than amc4 with the directway dish does for me.

You're right. I just went and measured it for myself and its smaller than the primestar. I thought I had read somewhere though that the directway was engineered for better gain or somesuch but oh well.
the weather is clearing up here some so I may go tinker afterwhile. I knew something was up when G18 was staying in longer than amc4 was. I have a primestar .93x.60 dish on 123w (measures 36"wide by 26" tall) and it stays viewable longer than amc4 with the directway dish does for me.

Three things are happening. The angle the rain is coming down in relationship to the dish, dish size and how much cloud cover your dish is looking through have allot to do with ku reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts