AMC4 Satellite Settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pickleman

Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hi everyone:

I would appreciate if someone provided the settings for AMC4.

I previously viewed Echostar 10 with a Viewsat Ultra Receiver, a standard 18" circular dish, and a Yesat-28DC DSS DUAL LNBF (I believe that this LNB is linear but cannot tell from the number.) Echostar was aimed at 110W with elevation 30.8.

Now that Dishnet is inactive I want to aim AMC4 and pickoff FTA Christian religion channels. AMC4 IS located at 101W, 34.9 elevation with a skew of 21. I am using the same 18" dish and LNB that was used for Echostar 10.

When I go into Installation and select AMC4 satellite, I get some strength but ZERO quality. I cannot hit the satellite at all. When rotating the dish slowly using Echostar's coordinates as points of reference neither the strength or the quality budge. There is not even the slightest flicker.

[FONT=&quot]As I maneuver the coordinates of the dish I can easily view the strength and quality indicator for a small TV monitor and the satellite receiver are within sight from the satellite dish.[/FONT]

The current AMC4 settings are:

LNB Type............Standard
LNB Frequency...10750
22 Khz.............. Off
TP Frequency.....11708 (any number beyond, reverts back to this frequency).
DISeqC............. None
Motor............... Off
Legacy SW....... None

Can someone let me know if my AMC4 settings are correct and if so what they should be? Do I need a circular LNB?

I should mention that I also have a Coolsat 7000. I read somewhere on this forum that the Coolsat is great for picking off satellites. Is it better that the Viewsat Ultra? I am using the Viewsat Ultra only because it is an old reliable favorite workhorse.

Thank You

I'm not sure if you have a big enough dish...you might want to check lyngsat.com

Your settings look right but try aligning with a strong TP:
11822 H 5700 or 12120 V 30000

If that is the original LNB that came with your 18" dish then it is probably circular. Just from the name of it, it sounds like it is circular. You need a linear LNB for FTA. Check our gold sponsors for linear LNBs they can hook you up.

I re-aligned to AMC4 a couple weeks ago and it was a very strong signal. It shouldn't be hard to find if your equipment is correct.

Dishnetwork inactive?

Wasn't aware that Dishnetwork is "inactive", nothing on the dish forums about it today.:D

But to answer the OP question, the dish is too small and its the wrong LNB type
You need a 30" dish and a KU Band linear LNB to enjoy AMC4

DBS and FSS are different animals. While DBS with 200 watt birds can be received on 18" dishes. FSS ku at 100 watts needs a linear LNBF and a 76cm or larger dish.

Yes, you will need a larger dish and a linear LNB. 30" or larger is recommended.
FYI, if you are looking for Christian channels, there are a lot more available on Galaxy 19 @ 97W. I spend most of my TV watching with my dish aimed at 97W.
If you want to get fancy, you could setup a 30" dish to get 97W and 101W with 2 LNBs.

Also, you probably want to load the factory firmware from viewsat's website back onto the receiver as it is generally less 'buggy'.

If you want to get fancy, you could setup a 30" dish to get 97W and 101W with 2 LNBs.

Something like this :D 84cm at 97 & 101.

Attachments

• 2SAT.jpg
    2SAT.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 238
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts