AMC6 & the list!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Hello!

I have still many lineal lnb, and dishes 33" waiting for aiming to some birds...

AMC6 at 72W has apparently many good FTA channels (Rural, music, crónica, edu) all list inAMC 6 at 72.0°W - LyngSat (last updated 2008-04-12.)

However..."The List!" appears only 2 channels!!??
(last updated 3/20/2008)

Whats correct? Do you recommend aiming that bird?

those other channels are actually on Nahuel1 which is aimed at south america (same satellite slot). Unless you live in the extreme southern US you can't get them

Generally, the list is the most up-to-date source of information of what is actually FTA on a particular satellite. Lyngsat is updated in Europe based on what is sent to them. If you look at the dates beside the listings, they are often a few years old.

That being said, there is some interesting stuff on AMC6 from a feed perspective, so if you have a blindscan reciever, it may be a bird you want to aim at.

those other channels are actually on Nahuel1 which is aimed at south america (same satellite slot). Unless you live in the extreme southern US you can't get them

I cannot get them on a 1m dish here near New Orleans, Ice, I think the spots on those are tight...:)

weird....I knew of people in the midwest getting the really strong Nahuel 1 feeds.

Maybe they did tweak the beam

I have never seen them here in Los Angeles with my 1.2 Meter dish :(

I can't see the signal with my BLSA, I can see a few transponders from Amazonas (61 West) Ku's South America with my BLSA.

Hmmm... Interesting. I wonder if someone in South Texas (CC, Rio Grande, Big Bend area) would be able to receive those transponders...

Oh well. Wouldn't help me here, since I'm just across New Orleans from Stogie :)

Well here in Albuquerque NM, I can get Nahuel-1 at about 60 to 80% of signal strength and as for Amazon it's in 90% signal strength.:)

There is mixture of NTSC and PAL video signal formats on Nahuel-1 and you must have universal LNB to receive below 11.7 GHz.

Have fun Dxing!!:D:hungry:

Well here in Albuquerque NM, I can get Nahuel-1 at about 60 to 80% of signal strength and as for Amazon it's in 90% signal strength.:)

There is mixture of NTSC and PAL video signal formats on Nahuel-1 and you must have universal LNB to receive below 11.7 GHz.

Have fun Dxing!!:D:hungry:

I know that Amazona has some DVB data transponders, does Nahuel have any DVB signals or only analog signals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)