America 100 + HD DVR, now or Aug 15?

sauroneru

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
It looks like the 722 will still be offered for free, but the $200 of rebates are pretty sweet right now. Any clue what prices will be like on the 15? Now the 100 + HD + local is $55 with $20 rebates/month for 10 months. Any clue what this might be in a couple weeks?

I don't know the answer, but I do know that if it were me, I'd hold out for all that extra HD DVR space on the 722. 25 extra hours of HD storage is a lot. I am planning to Dish'n it up as soon as I can. :)

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking about upgrading before the 15th but setting up the install after the 15th. Does anyone think that I will get a 722 if I do it that way?

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking about upgrading before the 15th but setting up the install after the 15th. Does anyone think that I will get a 722 if I do it that way?

Good question...I have not yet subscribed to Dish, (i'm with Comcast), but after reading these forums, I've been wondering if i should sign up before or after the 15th. Also, I've been wondering if I can "hedge my bet" by calling and ordering Dish on the 14th, and having the install set for several days later, so that way, I can sign up under the current promotion, but wait and see what they offer after the 15th.

Does any one think that would work, or will Dish say I have to have everything installed and activated before the 15th to qualify for the current promotion???

Good question...I have not yet subscribed to Dish, (i'm with Comcast), but after reading these forums, I've been wondering if i should sign up before or after the 15th. Also, I've been wondering if I can "hedge my bet" by calling and ordering Dish on the 14th, and having the install set for several days later, so that way, I can sign up under the current promotion, but wait and see what they offer after the 15th.

Does any one think that would work, or will Dish say I have to have everything installed and activated before the 15th to qualify for the current promotion???

I would expect that a verbal agreement that has been reached via phone with a dish rep would be binding even if the installer weren't scheduled to come out until after Aug 15..but then again I thought my other dealings with DISH would be much more straightforward too and they weren't.

Incredibly slim chance to get the 722 that way, they'll be in short supply as has every high end receiver that Dish has come out with over the last 10 years and if they actually have a good stock then the 722's will only go to those that order it specificaly because even if its free to you the customer its still a more expensive product for the company.

Not sure if this helps anybody. I spoke to an online Dish retailer today. He said he couldn't tell me what the new promos will be after the 15th but did say if you want HD better deal after the 15th. If all you want is SD better deal now.

I just called an upgraded to HD. The rep I talked to said that the cost to upgrade to HD will be going up after the current promotion ends. She also said that the current promotion is going to be extended until 8/31.

I decided to upgrade now and go with the 622. I don't want to deal with any bugs that will more than likely occur with the 722 right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts