Disable 1 minute early/3 minute later stop 'features'

When you set a recording go into options and you can change to "0" or any number you like and then set as default, there is a box to check.

can you also set "record ONCE" as a default? We never set it up to record every episode or anything... record once is how we use it. I just don't recall being able to set preferences on that. (VIP622)

I don't think you can set that (record once) as a default at this time. I would love to have that as my default too. There are no shows that interest me enough to record, or even watch, regularly. My TV watching habits are quite random and purposefully limited... :)

you would think if it had episode #'s it would default to all or new.. and if it didn't it would default to once..

*shrug* don't ask me.. I just develop code..

Dish does look at episode numbers and if it lists "no" episode #, they assume it's an error in the guide data (someone else's data) and they take the safe route and record episodes (when you specify "New"). I know, different scenario, but kinda tied together.

even if they didnt give us user-specified defaults (which i'd prefer), sure would be great if they would move 'once' to the top and default radio button to it..

i set up one-time recordings 95% of the time, and even when i do set up a 'new' or 'all', i do that JUST one time for the season. I wouldn't mind changing 'once' to 'new' or 'all' for a program that's going to record all season - i only have to change 'once' to 'new' one time , but for one-time recordings, I ALWAYS have to change 'all' to 'once'.

lord!