American everything package 2 year price lock

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
so I am thinking about leaving spectrum
I have tv gold currently with them and the equilvent on dish is the American everything package
I saw that dish does not Fofer a two year price lock on that does anyone have any idea on why that might be

I have tv gold currently with them and the equilvent on dish is the American everything package
I saw that dish does not Fofer a two year price lock on that does anyone have any idea on why that might be
Your best bet may be to sign up for America's Top 250, and if you get a Hopper or Wally connected to the internet, there's an app called My Account you can use or mydish.com online to upgrade your package to America's Everything. I can't say for sure, but it probably would still be locked inn for the length of your contract

First, compare the Top 200 to the Top 250. Be sure you really need the couple extra channels Top 250 has over the the Top200.

Second, the Everything package is really the Top 250 plus the four Premium movie networks. (HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime) There is either very little or no difference in getting the Top 250 and those four premiums or getting the Everything package.

Third, right now DISH is not carrying HBO or Cinemax and there are signs Starz may not be on for long if there is a dispute as we think may happen. Given all that I would forget about the Everything Package and get and lock in the Top 200 or if you really need to the Top 250 and add what premium movies you want.

Fourth keep in mind if you can stream not having HBO or Starz isn't necessarily a big issue as they can be had online from several sources for the same cost as from DISH.

First, compare the Top 200 to the Top 250. Be sure you really need the couple extra channels Top 250 has over the the Top200.

Second, the Everything package is really the Top 250 plus the four Premium movie networks. (HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime) There is either very little or no difference in getting the Top 250 and those four premiums or getting the Everything package.

Third, right now DISH is not carrying HBO or Cinemax and there are signs Starz may not be on for long if there is a dispute as we think may happen. Given all that I would forget about the Everything Package and get and lock in the Top 200 or if you really need to the Top 250 and add what premium movies you want.

Fourth keep in mind if you can stream not having HBO or Starz isn't necessarily a big issue as they can be had online from several sources for the same cost as from DISH.

This is what I did. I went from AEP to AT250 with the various movie packs. For the exact same programming I saved on the price lock incentive, increase of this year and next (and don't forget the second year increase is double because it would be $5 in 2020 on top of $5 in 2019 that you avoided) plus Showtime had first 3 months free.

Thanks everyone
Have a couple more question
I have a guest room tv that only used a month or two out of the year
If I add the 5th tv is it possible to selectively suspend service on that receiver only and if so what would the charge be for that and is it possible to selectively suspend receivers
Or what would the charge be to to have them come back out later to add the tv service as right now it free to add the 5tv at the initial instal

Thanks everyone
If I add the 5th tv is it possible to selectively suspend service on that receiver only and if so what would the charge be for that and is it possible to selectively suspend receivers
Or what would the charge be to to have them come back out later to add the tv service as right now it free to add the 5 tv at the initial install
None. You can activate/deactivate receivers that you are only using temporarily. People with vacation homes do this, for example

Thanks everyone
Or what would the charge be to to have them come back out later to add the tv service as right now it free to add the 5tv at the initial instal

In order to deactivate and keep the receiver to reactivate later it must be purchased by you.

If you have a laptop, tablet, or smartphone and an internet connection , you can use DISH ANYWHERE in that room. I do that when I have company in our guest room.

I have an Amazon Fire Stick in our spare room.

I just did this also for a spare room (thanks to a suggestion on another thread) and it works great. As long as you have a wifi connection. Saves you on the receiver fees and having to worry about suspending, unsuspending etc.

Reactions: joewhite57
Thanks everyone

You can not do what you want to do easily unless you own that receiver. Otherwise if you deactivate it that receiver must be returned to DISH. If you own it you can have it activated or deactivated. As others have said if you have Wifi a FireStick would work there using Dish Anywhere.

You can not do what you want to do easily unless you own that receiver. Otherwise if you deactivate it that receiver must be returned to DISH. If you own it you can have it activated or deactivated. As others have said if you have Wifi a FireStick would work there using Dish Anywhere.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it needed to be owned or not

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts