American Horror Story on FX

'American Horror Story' Season 4 Title Revealed

The showrunner broke his Twitter hiatus Monday to reveal that the next installment of the series will be titled American Horror Story: Freak Show.
The new title comes as little surprise after AHS writer Douglas Petrie confirmed that the next incarnation of the series will be set in a spooky carnival.

hollywoodreporter.com

The showrunner broke his Twitter hiatus Monday to reveal that the next installment of the series will be titled American Horror Story: Freak Show.
The new title comes as little surprise after AHS writer Douglas Petrie confirmed that the next incarnation of the series will be set in a spooky carnival.

hollywoodreporter.com

Puts me in mind of Carnivale,really enjoyed that show.

Reactions: Annie61
Patti LaBelle is bringing her "New Attitude" to FX's American Horror Story.

The Grammy Hall of Famer has booked a four-episode stint on the anthology series from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Season four of the series, subtitled Freak Show, will focus on the last American freak show and be set in Jupiter, Fla., in the 1950s, with Jessica Lange in the lead role. This time, the Emmy winner will portray a German expat managing one of the last remaining freak shows in the country. Returning stars set for Freak Show include Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy, Sarah Paulson, Gabourey Sidibe and Evan Peters, among others, as well as AHS newcomers Michael Chiklis, The Hunger Games' Wes Bentley, Fargo'sJohn Carroll Lynch and The Normal Heart's Finn Wittrock. Chiklis is playing Bassett's husband and Bates' ex-husband.

hollywoodreporter.com

Lady Gaga to Star in FX's 'American Horror Story'

Gaga — aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta — will make her series regular acting debut on the fifth season of the horror series. She becomes the first confirmed casting for the next incarnation of the Emmy-nominated drama.
Updated .: Looks like season five has a theme and subtitle. Gaga has tweeted a short teaser video previewing American Horror Story: Hotel.

hollywoodreporter.com

Well Gaga might find her niche in the American Horror Story. She already is a fright in some of her more freakish costumes ,so she should fit right in. :beaten

I felt the first two seasons of American Horror Story were by far the best, the second two, not so much. Murder House and Asylum actually had horror components to them and felt really dark. Coven seemed more like a soap opera/Real Housewives of NOLA that had a time traveling character in it. Freak Show had so much promise, but failed to deliver. I was hoping and expecting this would be similar to HBO's Carnivale but focus more on the freakish nature of the characters and the dark underworld of carny folk. I did not expect it to be about the journey, struggles, trial and tribulations of a ring master trying to break though into the young world of TV and Hollywood. Dandy and Twisty the Clown were the two best characters, Michael Chiklis was turned into such a pansy, I felt embarrassed for him. The back story of Pepper and the tie-ins to Asylum were the only parts that I enjoyed. Even the opening theme which was always pretty good, seemed pretty hokey with the claymation this time around. Other than the alien thing at the end of Asylum, which I didn't and still don't understand, I think that was the best.

Not being a GaGa fan, I don't have very much hope for Hotel. I believe Stanley Kubrik did this 3 and a half decades ago with The Shining. Which reminds me, I love the way back in season one, there was a lot of homage paid to the horror genre. The shining example for me, pun intended, was the appearance of two twin boys all mulled and cut up.

On a sad note, Ben Woolf who played Meep in Freak Show passed away Monday after being hit by a car a few days earlier.

Looks like life imitated art in this case of Meep. HE was beaten to death in the show and he was hit by a passing car on the road that lead to his death in life. As far as the show is concerned I think that the formula that the show used the first couple of seasons was new and different and the horror elements were more fresh. By season 3 and 4 , the same people were being used over and over and the horror became just grizzly violent ways to kill somebody. The storyline became secondary. The show has now become stale and predictable. You can almost write it your self. Throw in random gay scenes in each show and weird sexual situations and off the wall violent deaths and you have any season of American Horror Story now.

Watched first two seasons which were very good. Season 3 was just embarrassing. They should have stayed away from having stivie nick. She added nothing with her bad singing that sounded like she was out of tune at times. What a waste 3rd season was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)