SyFy - Childhood's End

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Last night was the first episode of this 3-night event. The story is based on Arthur C. Clarke's novel of the same name that was written in 1954.

While the story line follows the book quite well in this first episode, they have taken quite a bit of literary license in many places. It is a pretty slow paced show so far, but I'm liking it.

But then I'm a big scifi and Arthur C. Clarke fan too! I've read the novel multiple times over my lifetime and always enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I set "record all." With only three to catch, it won't be long before I can kill it and delete a few.

After the question "you won't hurt my family" before the guy got into the shuttle to go to the alien ship, am I the only one to think that he should have followed up that question with, "You won't anally probe me?" :biggrin

I set "record all." With only three to catch, it won't be long before I can kill it and delete a few.

It won't take long at all. I just read about this show and setup the One Pass on my TiVo. Episode 2 repeats at 11pm tonight, episode 1 repeats at 4pm tomorrow, and episode 3 is new tomorrow night.

Yeah, I thought they did a fine job of bringing that book to TV. While they did take some literary license here and there, and really didn't tell us exactly what happened to the children, it followed the book close enough.

One of the best mini-series that has ever been on SyFy IMO.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)