American Horror Story, this is annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

53jimc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Roebuck, SC
Hi All,

DVR's at it again. I recently had an issue where I set up Walking Dead to record the series and it did not record. I made sure it was #1 in the series manager beforehand. I actually caught it in the act of not recording and when I went to series manager, it wasn't even listed. It's there now and seems to be ready to record.

So, the premier of AHS was last night and I made sure it was at the top (under TWD, of course) #2, to be exact, but it didn't record.:mad: Now, I've missed the first show of the season.

I have recorded a bunch of series and have set them up and prioritized them in the series manager so I have experience there. I checked and know there wasn't a recording conflict at that time so the DVR should have recorded it. This is annoying.

Any idea what could be the cause of this?
Is there a recent software update? This is a H23 700 DVR (my original box). :confused:

53jimc said:
Hi All,

DVR's at it again. I recently had an issue where I set up Walking Dead to record the series and it did not record. I made sure it was #1 in the series manager beforehand. I actually caught it in the act of not recording and when I went to series manager, it wasn't even listed. It's there now and seems to be ready to record.

So, the premier of AHS was last night and I made sure it was at the top (under TWD, of course) #2, to be exact, but it didn't record.:mad: Now, I've missed the first show of the season.

I have recorded a bunch of series and have set them up and prioritized them in the series manager so I have experience there. I checked and know there wasn't a recording conflict at that time so the DVR should have recorded it. This is annoying.

Any idea what could be the cause of this?
Is there a recent software update? This is a H23 700 DVR (my original box). :confused:

I had the same problem on my Dish Hopper. I think the reason it didn't record is because they changed the name. The first season was just called American Horror Story. The second season is listed in my guide as American Horror Story Asylum. I think the extra word in the title was enough to make the DVR think it was a different show. I recorded a rerun and set a new recording for the new name.

I had the same problem on my Dish Hopper. I think the reason it didn't record is because they changed the name. The first season was just called American Horror Story. The second season is listed in my guide as American Horror Story Asylum. I think the extra word in the title was enough to make the DVR think it was a different show. I recorded a rerun and set a new recording for the new name.
This I imagine, I have to set timers for both providers every year for Survivor because of slightly different names.

If you carried over your recording series from last year, it won't work. This is the same series but the title is different and the guide sees it as a different show. I had to set up a new series record on it to work.

If you carried over your recording series from last year, it won't work. This is the same series but the title is different and the guide sees it as a different show. I had to set up a new series record on it to work.

Exactly right. I had to setup a new series for AHSA.

the guide had advertisements for that show for a good few weeks before the premier, i just clicked on one to set my timer. Off the record, I wasnt very thrilled with it. The Paranormal Witness final is this/next week, I actually like that series better. I mean AHSA was ok, but im guessing that its just going to continue in the asylum. I didnt see any off the first season, gotta check netflix or something.

I haven't seen any re-broadcast of the first AHSA yet. It is listed on the FX on demand, but it's only 1 minute, an ad.
I guess I just had used the old AHS in my record list, as y'all said, that won't work.

53jimc said:
I haven't seen any re-broadcast of the first AHSA yet. It is listed on the FX on demand, but it's only 1 minute, an ad.
I guess I just had used the old AHS in my record list, as y'all said, that won't work.

I am seeing a replay of the first episode at midnight eastern Thursday. It looks like they are showing the new episode a couple times Wednesday night and then replaying the first episode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)