American Idol HD 2/13/08 - No Sound!

JiffyPop

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I have a 622 receiver that is set up to record a number of shows. Watched DVR'd Idol from 2/12/08 - no problems. When to watch DVR'd Idol from 2/13/08 and I have no audio for Americal Idol! The strange thing is that ALL comercials have sound it is just Idol that doesn't have audio. Is there anything I can try to get the sound to work? I have reset the 622 and that did not work.

I have a 622 receiver that is set up to record a number of shows. Watched DVR'd Idol from 2/12/08 - no problems. When to watch DVR'd Idol from 2/13/08 and I have no audio for Americal Idol! The strange thing is that ALL comercials have sound it is just Idol that doesn't have audio. Is there anything I can try to get the sound to work? I have reset the 622 and that did not work.

You could onsider yourself lucky that you didn't have to listen to the "contestants." :D

We recorded, and watched, this episode and it had audio. We get it via OTA though, not satellite. If the satellite feed from Dish had this problem, I suspect this wouldn't be the 1st post (that I've seen). Sounds like your local FOX had the problem. Where are you located ? Did you record the OTA channel ?

I live in the Chicago area. It was recorded via Dish, I don't have OTA setup at all.

I'm in Chicago and recorded American Idol too. Actually, the first 28 minutes were without sound (or it could be that 28 minutes were left, I forget) and then it came in after that. (I have OTA as well, but I usually record from the Satellite as it's more reliable.) I've had this problem a few times with ABC and I've just used Closed Captioning for drama shows (Menu is 8,8,1), but with American Idol, I doubt you'd want to do that!

My receiver is setup for optical out. All other programming (live or DVR) has sound. Including Idol from the night prior to this one. I also have the analog output on the 622 going to my receiver as well....I get no analog output during Idol either (but analog works for all other programming and recordings as well).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts