American Life TV

oby

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Sci-fi Thursday nights, showing Lost in Space, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

I'm tempted to trade one of our HD channels, for this SD station (that people have wanted, for years now).

Comcast used to show this, years ago, when it was called Goodlife network

Then they pulled it and told me that it had gone out of business

I'd go to any service that had this and Retro TV

until recently you could get American Life TV with a 30" dish and a 4DTV. Actually there is a receievr called the 410 that could get the channel and some more in a simple package. Sure it wasnt the ESPN,TNT, CNN type of channels but alot that were in like AT200/250 on Dish.

Sadly (for some) they moved to C-band so you need a 6 foot dish

As for Retro TV (RTN) get a 30" dish and a simple receiver and enjoy them :)

TV Land has become such a joke. I wish that Dish could dump it and carry American Life instead.

tvland has been mtv'd ... just like all the other channels they bought ... cmt used to show videos but now shows sitcoms and movies etc ... mtv2 which was originally put up there because mtv got serialized is now showing sitcoms also ... why do these people change what was successful and what was working (after all they bought it because it was a money maker)??? :confused::confused:

I had American Life when I had cable. It is no doubt far far superior to TV Land. I have no idea why Dish isn't interested in carrying this channel.

Our local system carries ALTV on its' digital service. I would like to see Dish Network carry it.

TV Land is all but dead. Movies from the '80's? Are there not enough movie channels? I too would love American Life and according to their website:

Dish does not carry AmericanLife TV and it's not because we haven't asked. They say it is because you, the viewers, aren't asking for AmericanLife TV. If you want ALN where you live then please contact them directly

Here's where to ask

AmericanLife TV Network

TV Land is all but dead. Movies from the '80's? Are there not enough movie channels? I too would love American Life and according to their website:

Dish does not carry AmericanLife TV and it's not because we haven't asked. They say it is because you, the viewers, aren't asking for AmericanLife TV. If you want ALN where you live then please contact them directly

Here's where to ask

AmericanLife TV Network

I like TV Land actually...they've been playing a fair amount of Hogan's Heroes lately. Plus I enjoy watching the Beverly Hillbillies and Andy Griffith, among other shows (nothing equates to Hogans Heroes though!).

AmericanLife isn't bad either...I get it on cable, but I don't watch it as much.

We also have RTN as a local channel here and I watch that a fair amount. They seem to cover a lot of stuff that isn't on the other channels...Hawaii Five-Oh, Magnum PI, etc.

I like TV Land actually...they've been playing a fair amount of Hogan's Heroes lately. Plus I enjoy watching the Beverly Hillbillies and Andy Griffith, among other shows (nothing equates to Hogans Heroes though!).

AmericanLife isn't bad either...I get it on cable, but I don't watch it as much.

We also have RTN as a local channel here and I watch that a fair amount. They seem to cover a lot of stuff that isn't on the other channels...Hawaii Five-Oh, Magnum PI, etc.

Currently HD Net is showing Hogan's Heroes and it is not edited like it is on TV Land. The same episodes have aired on the same day and bits are edited out on TV Land. Magnum PI is currently airing on The Slueth channel.

tvland has been mtv'd ... just like all the other channels they bought ... cmt used to show videos but now shows sitcoms and movies etc ... mtv2 which was originally put up there because mtv got serialized is now showing sitcoms also ... why do these people change what was successful and what was working (after all they bought it because it was a money maker)??? :confused::confused:

In the case of the music channels...the internet killed the concept of the music video channel. That doesn't explain why they can't at least stick to showing music related programming. Fuse is still 90% music based, it just doesn't show endless music videos.

TV Land makes no sense though. It had a simple concept, and an endless supply of material. Why are there fashion shows on there?

I used to watch American Life, when I had a c-band system. I would LOVE for Dish to put it on their system now!

Count me in on the ones who want it on Dish Network!!!!

I like ALTV, I have it on my 4dtv receiver, they show Batman!...as far as TV Land, now showing Scrubs and Extreme Home Makeover Mess...makes me not happy. I miss the old TV Land that used to around when it first came out back in the late 90's.

Yeah, WTF is up with scrubs? lol. I liked TV land when it was Green Acres, I Love Lucy, Hogans Heroes, ect... Bring back the good stuff ;) (its crazy, those are some of my favorite shows and i was not even alive when they originally aired)

If you find a new channel that you like, enjoy it, because the first couple years are the best. Some run almost commercial free and have unusual programming you'll never find once they start going for an ever bigger audience. TV Land played great stuff like Mannix when it came out, I had to wait til this year to finally catch some more eps on DVD. Even if there's a show on I like, the endless commercials for their "reality" programming are mind-numbing.

Their Sunday night programing is sweet. As someone who just past the age of 30, I cannot tell you how much I had missed St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, and LA Law. 3 hours of great programming in a row, every Sunday night!

I thought I saw somewhere that the owners of the channel weren't easy very easy for Dish to negotiate with, so they gave up. I REALLY wish they would somehow find a way to add AmericanLife TV. Something NOT HD that would be better than half the HD being made available.

I thought I saw somewhere that the owners of the channel weren't easy very easy for Dish to negotiate with, so they gave up.

Like they are in a position to play hardball. It's an obscure channel with no leverage. They would take what they could get, especially if it meant doubling or tripling their subscribers.

Wasn't Goodlife one of the infamous "hidden channels" years ago? I think it's the only one that was never actually made available.

You might just need an OTA antenna. RTN is on one of our OTA alternate channels. My daughter loves watching reruns of Emergency.

You might just need an OTA antenna. RTN is on one of our OTA alternate channels. My daughter loves watching reruns of Emergency.

The channel being referred to in not available OTA. Also, RTN (the channel your referring to) is not available in many markets, including my own Cleveland market. I also don't feel like paying a bunch of cash for a FTA system for RTN, plush adding a 30" dish to my 2 Dish 500s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)