American Sports Network to show college hockey

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I read that the American Sports Network will now show some hockey (in addition to the college basketball). This is the Sinclair owned venture

Saturday's Wisconsin vs. Penn State game will be on there. Both teams have press releases with additional games listed

Wisconsin's press release
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/120314aae.html

Three additional games, including Feb. 7 at Penn State, Feb. 14 at Ohio State and March 13 against Ohio State, are also expected to air.
Location Station Affiliation
Madison, Wis. WMSN-2 GetTV
Milwaukee WCGV MyTV
Eau Claire, Wis. WQOW-2 CW
Wausau-Rhinelander, Wis. WFSX-2 MeTV
La Crosse, Wis. WXOW-2 CW
Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, Pa. WLYH CW
Johnstown-Altoona, Pa. WJAC-2 MeTV
Pittsburgh WPMY MyTV

Penn State's press release
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/120314aab.html
Additional Penn State Hockey Games on Local Television (All Times Eastern)
Saturday, Dec. 6 at Wisconsin, 9 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 9 vs. Ohio State, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 10 vs. Ohio State, 3 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 7 vs. Wisconsin, 2 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 28 at Ohio State, 7 p.m.
Friday, March 13 at Minnesota, 8 p.m.

On board to televise all six games is WLYH-TV CW15 in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York television market, serving over 700,000 homes.
Additionally, WJAC's secondary channel, MeTV, will televise this Saturday's game in the Johnstown-Altoona-State College market. WJAC will air the Penn State-Ohio State game on Jan. 10, while the other contests will run on MeTV.
Pittsburgh's WPMY (MyTV Channel 22) will air Saturday's game at Wisconsin on a tape delay beginning at 10 p.m.
This distribution agreement also extends to the WQMY (MyTV) in Wilkes-Barre area for four games: Jan. 9, Jan. 10, Feb. 28 and March 13.

I think this is great, but I thought the whole purpose of the "great hockey realignment" was so BTN could get hockey rights.

correct and they do carry some hockey. Issue is they don't carry ENOUGH of it. So the teams have to scramble to find other networks to show it
usually its the Friday night games that BTN carries.

I have seen American Sports Network programming on some RSN channels. I hope they carry hockey, too.

CSN in Chicago carries some American Sports Network programming.

correct. CSN Chicago, MASN, Altitude and Root Sports have carried the ASN produced basketball games. I have a feeling they wont carry the hockey games (unless there is no other programming to carry). I wish they would have shown the hockey game in Minnesota but I guess a basketball game from New Mexico was "better suited" (rolleyes)

very cool. It was weird as OSU said there were no affiliates in Ohio carrying the game and to watch it on "watch btn" or whatever their streaming service is

next Saturdays Ohio State/Wisco game will be on ASN
Wisco affiliates
Madison, Wis. WMSN-2 (47-2) GetTV
Milwaukee WCGV MyTV
Green Bay-Appleton, Wis. WCWF CW
La Crosse, Wis. WKBT-2 MyTV

next Saturdays Ohio State/Wisco game will be on ASN
Wisco affiliates
Madison, Wis. WMSN-2 (47-2) GetTV
Milwaukee WCGV MyTV
Green Bay-Appleton, Wis. WCWF CW
La Crosse, Wis. WKBT-2 MyTV

And be on at least one of the RSN affiliates, too, I hope...

Looking at the ASN schedule for the 14th basketball doesnt start until 5:30 EST so there shouldnt be a conflict of programming

from the OSU press release

The game Saturday will be broadcast by American Sports Network and Sam Smith and Joel Goldberg will call the action. The game is available in Columbus and Cincinnati on The CW, in Dayton on MyTV/This TV and in Toledo on RetroTV, as well as in Charleston-Huntington W.Va., on GetTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)