American "Top Gear"

Nope. I've seen better acting on C-Span. They are doing a perfect imitation of the sort of stuff they do on the real show, but these guys have no chemistry. It is much like watching a Jr High School production of a Broadway Musical.

I like both the US and UK versions. Each has their own pluses and quirks. The US version has slowly found its place in the tv world. The Australian version was pretty good but they kept switching hosts, broadcast times and networks until it was dropped after 4 series.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Tried the U.S. version three or four times, stopped watching after about 20 minutes each time. BBC version is outstanding. Their treks across the Middle East and Africa among the best episodes. (Funniest may be the homemade Camper program)

I like both the US and UK versions. Each has their own pluses and quirks. The US version has slowly found its place in the tv world. The Australian version was pretty good but they kept switching hosts, broadcast times and networks until it was dropped after 4 series.

I also like both. The best move for the US version is they started out trying to be like the BBC version, and have slowly stopped. They dont do a stig thing like the BBC, and their challenges are fun IMO. The first season was so-so, but I gave it a try in season 2 and now look forward to both. Trying to replicate the BBC version, which cant be done IMO, was a mistake.

The homemade campers was the best episode along with the amphibious vehicles episodes. Clarksons 3 story high condo on a Citroen was awesome, especially when the winds blew it over during the night.

I do enjoy the epic journeys on the UK version but I think the US has found its niche now, since they stopped trying to be an exact copy of the UK version.

I would like to see a crossover between the 2 versions like the UK guys did with the German and Australian hosts of Top Gear Germany and Australia.

It's a real good summer time show.I'll have a hard time recording now,with all the football and new shows coming.