Americans

yooper.mi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 24, 2004
U.P. of MI
Is there a better time to call Dishnetwork tech support and get someone that doesn't read answers from a script. In the past 4 days and 5 calls later, I have yet to find someone with enough knowledge to answer basic questions. I would think there are a few people in the states left. Its as bad as trying to talk to the computers, limited answers.

But can HD Tech Support and Tech Support make programming changes or will they transfer you and back at square 1.

Chop-Chop said:
But can HD Tech Support and Tech Support make programming changes or will they transfer you and back at square 1.
I ONLY call tech support regardless of the issue. Even if I have to wait longer. I always talk to an American that way and they rarely screw up my account or programming. I just called them earlier this week to upgrade programming. They were very helpful.

Widescreen said:
...I always talk to an American that way and they rarely screw up my account or programming. ...
And you'd know they were "American" because they don't speak with an accent? Oh no, wait, that won't work. You know they are an "American" because they live in one of the States? Nope? :rolleyes:

Shouldn't tech csr have a reasonable knowledge of how a dbs work and the language. I get the feeling except for the few scripts they are trained in, they have no idea what is going on.
It like the computer with a few simple programs, you just can't get pass them.
I use to call tech support get my problem done in 10 min. Now after talking to someone I get to listen to the manual read to me on several subjects that have nothing to do with the orginal question. 20-40 minutes of this same problem no help,hang up, call back same thing.
I suppose if you don't spend money on support of your products and service it helps the bottem line.

i've had nothing but good service EVERY time I called a CSR. I only had to talk to an indian once, and that's because she called me to tell me that I was getting a refund, for paying too much on my bill before I cancelled my service.

Nope, Charlie Ergen likes paying some guy in india $2 a day to support his wife, 4 kids, and parents so he can cover the cost of diesel for his yacht he has out in the fish pond.

SaltiDawg said:
And you'd know they were "American" because they don't speak with an accent? Oh no, wait, that won't work. You know they are an "American" because they live in one of the States? Nope? :rolleyes:

Who cares where they are, what they look like, or what nationality they haveor even ethinc group. As long as they are easy to undertsand and can communicate well (some CSR's even with proper English can't even do that). Yeah the thread title is perhaps short minded but it was implied that he meant he wanted people he could easiliy understand and communicate with. :rolleyes:

SaltiDawg said:
Your attitude notwithstanding, my point stands. I've had far more difficulty dealing with regular CSR's - who are more often than not, foreigners - than when calling tech support and dealing with Americans. Oh, and chances are that if I speak with a CSR with an accent, they're in some other country. FYI.

SaltiDawg said:
Absolutely incredible! :rolleyes:
And true. Interesting how political correctness prevents people from speaking the truth. Did I say that everyone you meet that has an accent is a foreigner? No. Does the fact that a large percentage of Dish CSR's are foreigners make them less of a person or somehow unimportant? No. Are they more difficult to understand for many people? Yes. If you call Dish's CSR line and they have an accent, the odds are extremely high that they are in a foreign country. Somehow you think that statement is wrong. Absolutely incredible! :rolleyes:

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited:
Widescreen said:
And true. Interesting how political correctness prevents people from speaking the truth. ...
Has nothing to do with Political Correctness. The notion that one can tell if someone is an American is absolutely incredible. Y'all have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)