America's Cup...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BlueEos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Sammamish Wa
Yeah, I know that probably less than 1% of the TV viewing audience cares 2 hoots about the millionaire (pardon me, billionaire sport). For several years Versus carried the races. Does anyone know who is doing the current America's cup coverage?

Nobody in North America. With all the court fights over when & where, they did not have enough time to negotiate TV rights.

Best info I've been able to find so far is ESPN360 streaming, and coverage on some European stations we can't get here at all.

The website below is supposed to show live coverage of the race. The only problem for me is that I'm on the West Coast and a 10AM CET start means I'll have to tune in at 1AM just for the start and later if the start is delayed by a few hours. I was hoping to find some "delay" screening that showed the whole race rather than just some highlights.

America's Cup TV - 33rd America's Cup

Last edited:
Best info I've been able to find so far is ESPN360 streaming.

I went to ESPN360 and the site says the service is only available to certain internet providers. DTV is not one of the ones listed. Does ESPN have any way of checking if I selected Comcast.com which is listed?

They check your IP on your internet connection to see which ISP you are with. It should be automatic and you shouldn't be prompted unless you aren't part of the ISP that has signed up for it.

They check your IP on your internet connection to see which ISP you are with. It should be automatic and you shouldn't be prompted unless you aren't part of the ISP that has signed up for it.

Well, I guess then I'm locked out. I didn't see Dish listed either. Is ESPN360 only a landline operation. I tried a "fake out", but they wanted my Comcast user and password.

Is this another Versus deal i that DTV doesn't want to pay for this service?

Or you can use a public proxy list to set up a alt browser to use said proxy as long as that proxy comes from a comcast ip range it does not ask you for a log in.

thanks for the heads up! i didn't know they weren't going to show it in the US...this is one of the few obscure sporting events I really enjoyed watching

Surprisingly FSN or Vs doesn't pick it up. FSN shows Airplane races which is about as niche as The America's Cup.

They're offering 'high quality' live streaming coverage at America's Cup TV - 33rd America's Cup

And from America's Cup website...

"With less than two weeks until the first races of the 33rd America’s Cup, a massive TV broadcast reach has already been secured which should ensure that the dramatic, never seen before multihull races between the Defender Alinghi and the Challenger BMW Oracle Racing have the capacity to reach a huge global audience.
Through the agreements with the European Broadcasting Union, which reaches 56 territories and has an audience of over 650 million and,globally, with Sports News TV spanning 160 territories, broadcasting to over 1.4 billion people and also with Transworld Sport with a global audience of over 302 million, the America’s Cup News packages are assured of a massive international audience of over 2 billion viewers

Among the broadcasters are Great Britain’s BSkyB, TVE/Teledeporte and Canal 9 in Spain, French based Eurosport and Showtime in the Middle East. Broadcasters will take all of the America’s Cup output, including the 26 minutes race day Highlights package, Race News package as well as the 52 minutes summary wrap up programme at the end of the event."

Translation: EVERYBODY BUT US

But...not like it would matter, we don't get Versus anyways. Its really a shame, since the event has spent so much time in America...plus they're racing new boats this time, which I would have loved to have seen in HD. I'm honestly surprised that with Ted Turner's background in the America's Cup, he hasn't made a pitch for one of his networks to carry some coverage.

They're offering 'high quality' live streaming coverage at America's Cup TV - 33rd America's Cup

Holy Cow!
They are racing and the American challenger BMW Oracle Racing's 90-by-90-foot trimaran is ahead almost 3000 meters. Looks like the USA-17 boat is much faster then SUI Alinghi 5.

The web site works very well and you have to download the free RAYV Player.

Thanks for the info.

America's Cup TV - 33rd America's Cup

I think it's already been mentioned by someone else beside me, but the link above has great COMPUTER coverage of the race. While I'm only on my first viewing, the link appears to run similar to hula.com and other sites where when you open the link, the coverage starts at the first of the race so you don't miss anything. I'M LOVING IT!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)