World Cup in 4K?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree. I thought it looked okay but I wasn't impressed. It doesn't compare to the soccer games in the 2016 Summer Olympics or the recent Winter Olympics. But that might have to do with the Summer Olympics being recorded in 8k and being converted to 4K for Directv. The US Open was not impressive either. The graphics looked terrible.

I watched the first game today, broadcast was less than impressive. No announcers, elevated black levels, some pixelation (it could have been the surviving camera). Hopefully we get a better product tomorrow.

Both of the past two Olympics have been much better, albeit not live.

Well FS1 has gotten their announcers on the feed this AM, so that is an improvement.

Picture still looks imperfect. I don't have an HLG capable TV, so maybe it's just the non-HDR version.

It also appears they aren't using exclusive 4k cameras like the Olympic 4k coverage. It appears to be the same feed FS1 is showing. I wonder how many 4k cameras are being used, considering there's more than 10 stadiums. I believe in the Olympics all the soccer is at one stadium, which makes it much cheaper and easier to fully enable a 4K broadcast.

The Spain & Portugal game now seems to have a different main camera then the FOX feed. It's a zoomed-out wider view. Which I prefer because you can see more of the formation and play develop. The 4k resolution allows you to still identify players fairly well.

Watching Japan vs Colombia, Not sure what arena this is but they seem to be having technical difficulties. No English audio with only natural sounds. They have dropped the audio at least once so far. Good game though!

I just got my 4K installation hours before the semifinal match between England and Croatia. I had difficulties with constant complete dropouts to black and stuttering. When it worked the picture was fantastic. I don't know whether the dish pointing needs to be better or there is some other issue. I will check it out on the final this morning.

Live 4k was much better today on the final match. I only had a handful of dropouts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)