America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
"AGT is Back with a Two-Hour Premiere Tuesday, May 31st 9/7c!"

Hopefully we breath a little life back into the NBC Television Network Forum. Here is a list of past AGT winners:

Season 1 (2006) - Bianca Ryan (11-year old singer) - average audience 10 million
Season 2 (2007) - Terry Fator (ventriloquist/singer/impersonator) - 12 million viewers
Season 3 (2008) - Neal Boyd (opera singer) - 12.5 million viewers
Season 4 (2009) - Kevin Skinner (singer/chicken catcher) - 13.8 million viewers
Season 5 (2010) - Michael Grimm (singer/musician) - viewership down due to summertime competition

Offhand, I would like to see less singers!!!

I agree with your comment about less singers. The problem is it is hard for many of these talents to stay fresh or exciting. Many of the acts are amazing and very entertaining the first couple times, but then get boring after you see the same thing over and over. Although singers are still singing, they can change things up dramatically to make each performance fresh. I almost thing that the competition is too long and they would be better served by doing 3 or 4 mini competitions (where the acts only performed 2-3 times) during the season with the finale being a "showdown" between the winners of those 4 competitions. That way the viewers don't get tired of seeing the same thing over and over.

I agree with your comment about less singers. The problem is it is hard for many of these talents to stay fresh or exciting. Many of the acts are amazing and very entertaining the first couple times, but then get boring after you see the same thing over and over...
Absolutely! A perfect example would be Quick Change - incredible the first time you see their act, less impressive the second go-round, and by the 3rd viewing you're wanting to buzz them. Of all the acts, Terry Fator was my favorite since he always brought something fresh and highly-entertaining to the stange...heck, he was a ventriloquist, his puppets could sing (and sing better than 99% of the acts), he could perform spot-on impersonations, and his comedic timing was outstanding. It's hard to believe that he was being hired to work weddings and anniversary parties prior to AGT.

I agree with your favorite of Fator 100%. That guy is the definition of talent. It is great to see such good things to someone who not only had a natural talent for something but also obvioulsy worked countless hours to perfect that talent. In my opinion, he got exactly what he deserved (a real Vegas headline show making serious money). I'm not sure they will ever find someone as good as him again.

Fator is entertainment. :up :up

I do not remember what season it was but they did not want more than one
illusionist or magician. :(
Then they go and keep like 10 (c)rap singers! :eek:
As for the lower ratings last season, they did drag the season on a little too long!!
However previous seasons did seem too short. :rolleyes:

Fator is entertainment. :up :up

I do not remember what season it was but they did not want more than one
illusionist or magician. :(
Then they go and keep like 10 (c)rap singers! :eek:
As for the lower ratings last season, they did drag the season on a little too long!!
However previous seasons did seem too short. :rolleyes:
Yep, I remember when they dropped "better acts" in the name of diversity. Talent is talent. Of course, they have always done this kind of "tweaking". The reason for the lower ratings last season was primarily due to competition (e.g., Wipeout, Dancing with Champanzees (or some other nonsense) and new episodes of shows like Human Target, Burn Notice, Memphis Beat, Flashpoint, etc.). Regardless, the season was indeed too long; they need to drop 2-episodes this season.

31 May 2011: Audition Show #1

"Hopefuls audition for the judges." I'm not sure where this show will be hosted, but the talent search is scheduled to occur in the following cities this season: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Studio City. I just hope they reduce the number of episodes this season: 24 instead of 31 would be nice.

America's Got Talent Official Site

Last Year's Fan Favorite: Clownvis :)

Prince Poppycock got ROBBED!

I agree that he shouldn't have been buzzed by Piers and should have finished ahead of Fighting Gravity. To be honest, I think Jackie Evancho got robbed. Her Holliday album crushed Michael Grim's (certified platinum and 2nd only to Susan Boyle in the charts) and her upcoming album "Dream With Me" is taking an equal number of pre-orders on Amazon.com.

I like Poppycock, but would have been shocked if he had won AMG last year.

PP was a waste of air time. Hated him.

Fighting Gravity just got old. The first 2 times I saw them it was great.

Grim was not memorable.

Jackie was a serious talent, but coming in late helped her a lot as people didn't get tired of her.

I've seen a couple AGT commercials running during Leno, SNL and SVU. Looking forward to the upcoming season. I wonder if we'll see a kindler and gentler Piers Morgan now that he replaced Larry King?

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I was actually going to ask that. I assume that Piers is still on this show? Seems like the auditions would take a lot of time while still trying to do the CNN show.

I was actually going to ask that. I assume that Piers is still on this show? Seems like the auditions would take a lot of time while still trying to do the CNN show.

Offhand, they're only going to five cities and they'll probably record 12-hours of film at each site over the weekends. This should probably be enough footage to last them the first 10-12 shows. Plus, just how hard can it be to sit there and be entertained and or hit the buzzer...certainly no need to prepare (countless hours) for a performance. The nightly CNN shows take a lot of time to produce, but I'm sure Piers can squeeze in ATG since he'll probably make 10M for minimal effort - it's well worth his time and minimal effort.

I wish they'd get rid of Piers, and get David Hasselhof back!

Watching David is like watching a train-wreck. You just can't seem to take your eyes off him! lol. And Howie.... what can I say? I think Clownvis was right about him!

The season premier show is tomorrow night. Offhand, I have no idea in which city the auditions occured. We shall see.

I wonder if we can "Sticky" this thread through September since its now the hightest rated summertime show? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts