America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

I still can't believe the prize money is still 1 million...their ratings are 3X-4X from the first season. What sucks about the million dollars is that it's payable over 30 years. Cash value of this prize has to be under 300K. NBC will pay billions for the Olympics, but the prize money is chicken feed for 30-episodes worth...

People would do the show without any prize money. Prize money is to impress the audience, not generate talent. The talent wants the exposure to hopefully make real money. They also want a headline act in Vegas for a while.

The judges probably make more than the winners.

What is Piers so anti-band? Anytime a band performs, not matter how good or bad they are he always makes a comment about how much better the singer can be without the band. If we do see a singing act, I would prefer to see a change with an actual band instead of just a singer.

Piers also needs to get that stick out of his ass. The dude cannot even joke around a little or have a little fun

That stick IS Piers' schtick!

But frankly, this show just gets worse each year. For some strange reason, the producers keep giving more time to the judges and MC and less time to the actual acts. They seem to think the show revolves around them, and to some extent that is true, but certainly not to the extent they have taken it to.

This is the one show that I never watch live and it is also the only show that I not only skip the ads, I skip through a lot of the crap too!

I love the acts, early on for the dumb acts that are hilarious with a smattering of really good acts. And then later for the good to great acts that make it through.

People would do the show without any prize money. Prize money is to impress the audience, not generate talent. The talent wants the exposure to hopefully make real money. They also want a headline act in Vegas for a while.

The judges probably make more than the winners.
I know, but some of the Top 10 contestants appear on 10-12 episodes and they make peanuts on the deal...whereas Piers, Sharon and Howie are probably making 5-10 million just to kickback and be entertained. If you're going to pay the winner "A Million Dollars" then write 'em a check and don't amortize it over 30-years.

I didn't realize that it was paid over 30 years. That is absurd. That isn't how they do most of the show (Survivor, Amazing Race, etc.).

I didn't realize that it was paid over 30 years. That is absurd. That isn't how they do most of the show (Survivor, Amazing Race, etc.).

My mistake...the million dollars is actually distributed over 40-year. Yikes! That 25 grand annual annunity payout will probably buy the big winner a 100 Grand candy bar and a soda pop come 2051!! Pretty lame!!! Anyway, here is the prize disclaimer (which appears for about 1-second) that I posted in last year's thread: "The prize, which totals $1,000,000, is payable in a financial annuity over forty years, or the contestant may choose to receive the present cash value of such annuity."

Based on the prize money, it looks like Michael Grimm purchased his grandparents a double-wide dream home. :( Of course, this prize money was way too much for the out-of-tune unemployed Chicken Catcher Kevin Skinner IMO. ;)

Holy Cow! I just noticed two more AGT shows queued up for the Tivo this evening. Not that I don't like the show...but I don't need to see it every night.

It is just 2 nights a week. They are running 2 hour blocks of the auditions. When they finally get to Vegas (at least in past years) they run a long show of contestants the first night and the second night is a short results show.

Minneapolis

Loved the parrot - thought Mrs. Smith was funny - the bottle players should have been buzzed - cheesy magic act was cheesily good - didn't care for the blonde in locks - loved how the gnomes tortured Piers...although act was silly - Sid Yiddish rocked - found myself wishing someone would shoot the bad John Lennon impersonator - the kids (Silhouettes) were awesome - Tom Ford the KinetiKing was surprisingly cool.