America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

I Agree with your choices riffjim4069 but I did not have the same reaction to Landau's statement you did. I saw it as street talk, not blatant racism. I still think, not matter how much I like iLuminate and Silhouette, Landau will win continuing the trend of the solo-singer (sometimes with a puppet) winning it all every time. Poplyfe doesn't have the chops to win. I LOVE the lead singer's voice, but as a group, the back-up singers suck.

I Agree with your choices riffjim4069 but I did not have the same reaction to Landau's statement you did. I saw it as street talk, not blatant racism. I still think, not matter how much I like iLuminate and Silhouette, Landau will win continuing the trend of the solo-singer (sometimes with a puppet) winning it all every time. Poplyfe doesn't have the chops to win. I LOVE the lead singer's voice, but as a group, the back-up singers suck.

Singers have always enjoyed an advantage because more people can relate to a singer. Murphy may very well win AGT 2011. Heck, a solo singer has won each and every year at AGT - including Terry Fator who was a "singing" ventriloquist. Anyway, regarding the statement...I realize it was a playful street statement, but if Frank Miles (the whitest guy to appear on AGT this year) can't say it then it's just as wrong for my Murphy to use it. If Miles used it "affectionately" he would have been labeled a racists and booted off the show. Anyway, here is the list of past winners:

Season 1 (2006) - Bianca Ryan (11-year old singer) - average audience 10 million
Season 2 (2007) - Terry Fator (ventriloquist/singer/impersonator) - 12 million viewers
Season 3 (2008) - Neal Boyd (opera singer) - 12.5 million viewers
Season 4 (2009) - Kevin Skinner (singer/chicken catcher) - 13.8 million viewers
Season 5 (2010) - Michael Grimm (singer/musician) - viewership down due to summertime competition

Riff...

My money would be on iLuminate winning, as long as they do not mess up the next performance.

I do not see singing winning this year. Poplyfe is too weak and Landau's songs will not appeal to the mass voters. It was mentioned that Poplyfe was neck and neck (less than 1% diff in votes) with Landon Swank. They do not seem to have a dedicated teenager texting in vote crowd. Landau appeals to an older crowd.

I agree, I think illuminate will win this year. That is just so Vegas!

I'd really like to know what the vote numbers actually were for each of the 4 that went through. I was rather surprised that Landon Swank and Poplyfe were nearly neck and neck, I just wouldn't have thought he would pull huge votes, but I actually expected Poplyfe to do just that.

I agree, I think illuminate will win this year. That is just so Vegas!

I'd really like to know what the vote numbers actually were for each of the 4 that went through. I was rather surprised that Landon Swank and Poplyfe were nearly neck and neck, I just wouldn't have thought he would pull huge votes, but I actually expected Poplyfe to do just that.

I too would like to see the show release voting statistics. Of course, their "independent auditors" may also have to release details on how many votes were invalidated (e.g., more than 10 votes per voting method) and I don't think anyone wants to go down that road. Then again, perhaps the show simply puts through the acts they want to go through regardless of how many votes a contestant gets; our votes may be meaningless for all we know.

You call that link a source? :) According to that source Landau really doesn't sing. He lip-syncs and will be splitting the money 80/20 with Nick getting the 80. Suuuuuuurreee he is. :) I went back to the DVR recording of the east coast feed and where I thought he used the N word was "Nick" not what we though we heard. I had to listen to it several times.

Not Spanish... I think it was Italian.

It could be. I only had a few years of Spanish back in high school. I have found when visiting Italy, Italian was very similar. I could make out quite a few of the words but I suppose it was a combination of Italian being close to Spanish and knowing the English words.

AGT 2011 Final...

Tuesday, 9/13 9:00 pm - "The final four acts perform."

Wednesday, 9/14 8:00 pm - "Nick Cannon reveals the winning of the million dollar prize and a headline show in Las Vegas; Jackie Evancho performs; Tony Bennett and Queen Latifah perform; a performance by the Cirque du Soleil troupe."

Okay, I noticed the finals show is 1-hour long and the results show is 2-hours long. Regardless, the results show should be highly entertaining with quality guest performances. Perhaps they'll give Jackie her first place trophy she should have won last season. :)

Well, all four acts perform in tonight's final. Hopefully they'll all bring their best performances to the stage...and hopefully Piers keeps his finger off of the buzzer, the judges keep their yaps shut, and the people decide the winner of AGT 2011. :)

Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. - good performance, but very forgettable. He tried to hit a Sinatra Homerun and wound-up hitting a single or perhaps a double. I don't know what the judges were listening to because I certainly didn't hear a million dollar act. Apparently the judges have decided they want another singer to win AGT yet again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)