America's Got Talent: The Champions

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Not too bad. 50 previous winners and finalists from around the world. 10 acts per week. Only 2 go through to the finals. Some of the acts have really upped their game. Preacher was hilarious in episode 1.

Finals:

1. Susan Boyle (Golden Buzzer)
2. Preacher Lawson
3. Deadly Games (Golden Buzzer)
4. Cristina Ramos (Spain's Got Talent Winner)
5. Angelica Hale (Golden Buzzer)
6. Paul Potts (Britain's Got Talent Season 1 Winner)
7. Kechi (Golden Buzzer)
8. Brian Justin Kemp
9. Kseniya Simonva (Ukraine's Got Talent Winner)
10. Shin Lin (2018 AGT Champion)
11. Darci Lynne (Wild Card)
12. John Dorenbos (Wild Card)

Champion: Shin Lim (2018 AGT Champion)
Runner up: Darci Lynne

S~

Last edited:
Man I hate the judges having a golden buzzer when only 2 go through to the finals. No way should Deadly Games move on. They are good, but not that good.

S~

I have NO doubts that this version of the show is rigged.

That Preacher Lawson is about as funny as being hit in the head with a 2x4. Not to mention some of the other questionable picks to go through.

Comedy is subjective. I think he is funny.

Anyways more singers :rolleyes: #DroptheGoldenBuzzers

S~

As someone who has absolutely no interest or desire to watch any of these singing or talent shows I tuned into the 2 hour season or whatever premier a few weeks ago to see what they’re all about. Since this is ‘The Champions’ I thought I’d see the best of the best. Can’t say I’m missing much by not watching these shows. It was basically a bunch of singers singing a portion of a song, most of which I never heard of. The girl with the bunny puppet was pretty good, but I am generally not a fan of putting young kids on display like this. Plus I’m pretty sure I remember reading years ago if you win or get runners up in one of these things, your basically owned by the show. They get a cut of all future royalties and you have certain obligations to do so many shows shows/events. If that is indeed true, I don’t think it is good to expose kids to the Hollyweird lifestyle so young in life.

The husband/wife duo with the knives/daggers were pretty entertaining, and with the amount of skill, coordination and concentration that’s involved, that’s really the only act I found to be enjoyable to watch.

It wouldn’t be going out on too much of a limb to say my high school talent shows and more variety then what I saw on America’s Got Talent a few weeks ago. Not really sure exactly what I was expecting other than less singers but I probably won't be tuning in any more.

Reactions: primestar31
Most of these acts so far got me wondering HTH they ever won in the first place, on whatever show.

Personally, I think most of it's rigged, and always has been. We watch because there's some things worth watching now and again.

At least no more singers. Of any of the singers it should be Jackie Evancho in the finals. She is one of only a handful of singers that can bring a tear to my eyes. Same when I saw her not too long ago.

S~

Well at least they brought in 2 Wildcards who aren't singers. I was disappointed with Darci's performance. Sure she sang opera, but she missed that banter. I liked John Dorenbos. None of the singers did anything I haven't heard before. Deadly Games had 2 major errors. My favorite acts were Kseniya and Shib Lim. His plastic bag trick is mind blowing. I had never seen anything like that before he did it last season. His slight of hand is so fast.

S~

Well.... at least a singer didn't win. Shin Lim has to be the slickest slight of hand magician I have ever seen.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)