True Detective on HBO

Something deep and dark is afoot in the first trailer for True Detective, HBO’s upcoming mystery series starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. The pair play detectives whose lives intersect on the hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana — a case that’s been open for 17 years.

ew.com

No more HBO series for me. After True blood is gone, I won't have any reason to tune back in and get hooked on another show that makes me pay $18.00 a month for it.

This looks like it might be worth a try. When I subscribe to HBO it is mainly for the original series or boxing that peaks my attention.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This looks like it might be worth a try. When I subscribe to HBO it is mainly for the original series or boxing that peaks my attention.

At least with HBO GO you can catch up if you only subscribe part of the year.

At least with HBO GO you can catch up if you only subscribe part of the year.

Which I'm hoping I can try some streaming soon. I'm finally getting "high-speed" Internet in my area. Just been using my iPhone but I may drop it to the minimum data as the new Internet is getting hooked up this week. Know little about speeds but I'm getting 12 Mbps so I'm hopeful it will allow for adequate streaming. If it does, I'll either use my PS3 or get a Roku. Sadly, I feel like I'm just now stepping out of the stone ages so I'll probably be back asking for recommendations. :)

Which I'm hoping I can try some streaming soon. I'm finally getting "high-speed" Internet in my area. Just been using my iPhone but I may drop it to the minimum data as the new Internet is getting hooked up this week. Know little about speeds but I'm getting 12 Mbps so I'm hopeful it will allow for adequate streaming. If it does, I'll either use my PS3 or get a Roku. Sadly, I feel like I'm just now stepping out of the stone ages so I'll probably be back asking for recommendations. :)

Most HD streams at 5mbit/sec or less. So, your 12Mbps should be plenty of bandwidth for a single stream.

The Long Bright Dark: Season 1, Episode 1

Sunday, 12 January 2014 (9:00 PM ET)

"Former Louisiana State CID partners, Rustin Cohle and Martin Hart, give statements to a pair of investigators about the murder of a prostitute that took place 17 years earlier."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2657398/

[MARQ]* * * Series Premiere * * * Series Premiere * * * Series Premiere * * * Series Premiere * * *[/MARQ]

I thought the episode was pretty good. I originally thought that it would be a True Blood spin-off,but I was happy to see that it wasn't even though it's based in Louisiana.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)