True Detective on HBO

Hart is turning into a bigger phycho than Cohle. Very enjoyable. I heard True Detective is an 8-episode miniseries. Can anyone confirm this tidbit?

You are correct, the series will run for 8 episodes. True Detective was pitched as an anthology format with a different story and actors each season. This is very similar to the format of American Horror Story.

You are correct, the series will run for 8 episodes. True Detective was pitched as an anthology format with a different story and actors each season. This is very similar to the format of American Horror Story.

In a way it's a shame. Then again, I really do like this format...top-actors, great script, the story has an ending, and it keeps one glued to the set each week. I hope the broadcast networks follow this format for their summer series. 12-13 episodes and you're done.

In a way it's a shame. Then again, I really do like this format...top-actors, great script, the story has an ending, and it keeps one glued to the set each week. I hope the broadcast networks follow this format for their summer series. 12-13 episodes and you're done.

It is on HBO because broadcast TV no longer really seems interested in the miniseries. At least miniseries that cost a good amount of money to make.

Explosive is how I would sum up this weeks episode!It did get pretty slow towards the end though.

Wonder who next season's Detective(s) could be? With Mob City being canceled I could see someone like Jon Bernthal(Joe Teague) having a shot. Have the show in New Orleans, maybe mid 50's, plenty of corruption. Just a thought.

I agree. Matt is even more interested. You never know what he is going to say. His pessimistic view of life is quite interested. I like his explanation of life for us in a sphere but being out of the sphere time ceases and the world as we know it becomes flat circular. According to him, we are in this endless full circle of life where we just repeat endlessly every action. We jus do not remember our past lives. His philosofical arguments makes Woody drop his jaw. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts