True Detective on HBO

Again, this series is so good that I actually watch the episodes twice in order to uncover parts of the story that I may have missed the first go round.

Yea I have considered watching them twice as well,the story line is very complex,very easy to miss a few details.

Shows like this I give my undivided attention, I frequently see people dis shows, but were they actually watching them or surfing/gaming on phone or pc while it was on? I re watch shows like this if something makes me wonder or I go back if I have a question on the next episode that relates back...

HBO's 'True Detective' Is Averaging 10.9 Million Viewers

The gross average, which includes replays, HBO Go streams and On Demand plays, is fairly huge for freshman series on the pay cable network. (HBO's most-watched show, Game of Thrones, averaged just north of 13.6 million weekly viewers in its last season.).

hollywoodreporter.com

It's a well written,well acted show,it keeps the viewer interested to see where it goes next.It really is a shame we don't have more scripted shows of this quality.Breaking Bad left a huge void for me.True Detective has filled that void nicely,but only 2 episodes left.

Form and Void: Season 1, Episode 8

Sunday, 9 March 2014 (9:00 PM ET)

"Hart and Cohle get a new lead in their 17-year-old case."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2790254/

[MARQ]* * * * * Season/Series Finale!!! * * * * * Season/Series Finale!!! * * * * * Season/Series Finale!!! * * * * * Season/Series Finale!!! * * * * *[/MARQ]

Last edited:
Yes indeed, it was truly a great ending, to a great series.Part of me wants a season 2, Marty and Rusty make a great team.They could work on new cases.Either way, well scripted, well acted, one of the best shows in a longtime.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Most definitely a great closing ep. Are there any plans, rumors, etc. of another season? I was under the impression it was intended as a one-off. But, that was the plan for Under The Dome.

While I would selfishly love to see Hart & Cohle team-up for another mini-series, it would be difficult to recapture 'the magic' and would likely most likely be something less than True Detective. Plus, how could they have a 2nd season since the first one covered a period of almost 20-years and ended with Cohle having an epiphany of their being light beyond the eternal darkness (i.e., he's no longer the Bob Haller of the party)? Since there was 5-year period in which Hart & Cohle worked together solving cases---that was only glossed over since this series focused on the Dora Lange case---I suppose a season two could cover those years, but wouldn't it be less-than-stellar? And how could you go back after what happened last night? Okay, I guess season two could focus on a fatter and balder Hart, working with a kinder and gentler Cohle, in their private investigation business...but how well could this play? Wouldn't it be kind of like watching a brooding Tom Selleck play in the Jessie Stone series?

One thing is for sure...this is one of the very best things I've seen on television for quite sometime.

Well....Woody and Matt,could do a new season,and be completely different characters.They really worked well together.Matt may even get an emmy,to go with his oscar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts