True Detective on HBO

Rachel McAdams could join 'True Detective' https://tv.yahoo.com/news/rachel-mcadams-could-join-true-detective-115558865.html The actress is in the running for one of the lead roles in the crime series' second season, according to Variety.As fans await the official announcement of Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson's successors, rumors on the subject continue to abound. Only a few details are certain for now: the second season will be set in California and will revolve around four main characters, according to the show's creator Nic Pizzolatto.Earlier this summer, the trades indicated that Vince Vaughn was attached to play a businessman whose dealings may be connected to a murder and that Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch and Elisabeth Moss were in line to play the detectives assigned to the case.

It's official: Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn will star in season two of True Detective, HBO announced Tuesday.
As previously reported, Justin Lin (Fast & Furious, Scorpion) will direct the first two of the eight-episode sophomore season, which centers on two police officers and a career criminal who must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder. Production on season two is set to begin later this fall in California.

Farrell will play Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn is set as Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

hollywoodreporter.com

Filming on the eight-episode season has already begun in California. Meanwhile, the pay cable network has just made the second casting announcement, confirming Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kirsch and Kelly Reilly. In the first announcement, the network announced Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn. All five are series regulars.

More at deadline.com

Filming on the eight-episode season has already begun in California. Meanwhile, the pay cable network has just made the second casting announcement, confirming Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kirsch and Kelly Reilly. In the first announcement, the network announced Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn. All five are series regulars.

More at deadline.com

I liked season 1 and I'm really looking forward to this. It's going to be tough to live up to Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey but it looks like they have solid actors. It's also going to be kind of weird seeing Vince Vaughn in a serious dramatic role given all his recent movies.

True Detective season 2 leads HBO’s most disappointing lineup ever http://www.vox.com/2015/6/19/8811419/true-detective-season-2-review-hbo
The lineup of shows that launches Sunday, June 21, on HBO is the most disappointing full lineup the network has ever assembled. It banks heavily on star power, but its three shows mostly fail to tell coherent stories. There are good reasons to watch all of them, but there are also good reasons to skip them.And that's too bad. This is a trio led, after all, by the second season of the 2014 television sensation True Detective, now with extra Colin Farrell. Brand new series Ballers boasts Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in his first full-time TV outing since he was a regular over on the WWE. And The Brink, also brand new, has Tim Robbins and Jack Black starring in a would-be Dr. Strangelove act of geopolitical satire.

'True Detective' Season 2 Premiere Falls As Flat As A Circle http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...view_n_7632296.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
After more than a year of casting rumors, memes and hashtag wish lists and confusion over the plot, "True Detective" Season 2 finally premiered on Sunday night. The first episode of the new season, which is completely separate from Season 1, introduced audiences to a new round of characters, a fictional city and an entirely new mystery. Each week, The Huffington Post Entertainment editors Matthew Jacobs and Erin Whitney will gab about their thoughts on the season. First up, a bit of a bummer with Sunday's premiere: Spoiler alert for "True Detective" Season 2, Episode 1, "The Western Book of the Dead."

Watched last night's season premiere. Gees talk about a depressing bunch of characters. If you think your life sucks you should be in their shoes.. The only chuckle for me was a long hair David Morse... :cool:

Reactions: KAB
I have it recorded, but haven't watched yet. But unless the 2nd season is totally different I'm prepared to be bored to death as I was with season 1, well at least I was bored until I killed the timer after the 3rd episode.

I had to watch it twice. The first time I fell asleep. The director introduced so many characters in one episode that you had very little to react at what was going on until the very end when all three meet by the corpse. It is quite dark and may look bring a time but I think it is the intention of the series to be this way.

9 things you need to know before the 'True Detective' season finale http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-things-know-true-detective-124556629.html
Warning: spoilers ahead if you aren’t caught up on the season.....The thing about the police procedural is you have to have a grasp on a lot of names and events to really follow the plot. Season 2 of “True Detective” has both in mass quantities.So leading up to the season finale on Sunday, here are some major points from the show you should be familiar with.

The first season was brilliant partly because of the actors, the 2nd season I couldn't get into at all and stopped watching. The 3rd season is a step up from 2nd so far.
Currently watching "My Brilliant Friend" another excellent series. Not for everyone but I'm enjoying. It engrosses you into the lives of two childhood friends inside a small Italian community 50-60's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts