America's Top 250...missing channels???

eyer81

Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Just wondering if any of you are having this problem...

We have Dish through AT&T here in CT, and last night (actually this morning about 3:15a.m....long night lol) I went to turn on MSNBC, and it was no longer listed in the All Sub guide. I changed it to show me All Channels, and there was MSNBC, as well as Fox News, but when I went to select them, it told me that it was part of a package that I was able to upgrade to. I already have America's Top 250, I thought that was the 'biggest' package you could get besides the Everything pack.

So I first figured there must be a glitch somewhere, and for whatever reason my programming package was downgraded (perhaps I forgot to pay the bill...?)

Anywho, I went to the ATT website to check and I am in fact subscribed to America's Top 250, and my bill is paid in full, but I am still missing a handful of channels, namely MSNBC, Fox News, G4, Disc. Health, IFC, Bravo just to name a few. I still have HD and I still have most of the channels that are offered in AT250, but not AT100.

Has this happened to anyone else? I tried calling AT&T, but my toddler was not tolerating being ignored for so long...

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

I will say, however, that I'm excited that there is finally a NESN-HD in my guide list, even though it doesn't show anything yet!! It's a start!

There has been many posts of channels removed from their subscription. A reboot of the receiver usually brings them right back.

I was missing my Cinemax channels yesterday on one of my receivers. Reboot fixed it.

I have been hearing about this also and correct me if im wrong,,, but could these missing channels with a rebbot fix have anything to do with the shuffleling of channels from satelite or transponer to another?

I have been hearing about this also and correct me if im wrong,,, but could these missing channels with a rebbot fix have anything to do with the shuffleling of channels from satelite or transponer to another?

That is the speculation as to the problem since so many customers have lost channels recently, haven't heard any confirmation as to the cause.

Those channels haven't moved recently so moving from one transponder to another is not the cause. My guess is the authorization signal going to the receiver is occasionally currupted or truncated and causes the receiver to become flaky until it receives a new authorization signal. A reboot makes the receiver look for the authorization.

See ya
Tony

I was missing a few of my HD channels yesterday, EPSN2, A&EHD, HistoryHD and a couple more. They showed up RED in the channel guide. I called in to dish and they sent a "hit signal" to my receiver and all the HD channels showed up normal again.

Yep, I've seen that happen recently on a 622 and 722. I figured it might have to do with the new software, but the authorization glitch sounds more likely. A reboot cleared it up.

It just happened again, the same hd channels from a couple of weeks ago were red again tonight and I had to reboot to get them back. It is just ESPN, TNT, HDNET, and A&E that it has happened to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)