America's Top 250 with no locals.

DK_Sat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
MD
I have the America's Top 250 with no locals , If i sigh up for HD for life will i be able to keep the same Top 250 package with no locals.

I have a VIP 211k and 222k both receivers have the with OTA module connected to the OTA antenna , I am not changing my subscription package i just want to go from SD to HD. My dish is the International dish 110, 118, 119, 129.

As already said, when you change anything in your subscription, your grandfathered sub ends and you will be required to have locals... Changing from SD to HD is an overall subscription change. While you are not changing any programming, you are making a change.

jeroma said:
Even ordering a PPV is considered a change to your base pack not including locals.

Wow. Are you sure about that? That would make for one expensive movie!

Zack or Mary from DISH Network Support can answer the question, when a call DN some were in India i get all different answer from them.

I'm glad I've got my locals from Dish. If I want to dvr a local, I use the Dish feed whenever I can. That frees up my ota tuner to watch/record either the primary or subchannel of my locals. I also get a 2nd cities locals ota.

I have the America's Top 250 with no locals , If i sigh up for HD for life will i be able to keep the same Top 250 package with no locals.

If you sign up for the HD Free for Life promotion the locals will automatically be added to your package. This only occurs when a change is made to your account. For example, if you scheduled a tech visit, or changed your programming package. This does not happen when ordering PPV.

That sucks, why do dish network receivers like the 211k and 722 come with OTA modules so you can receiver your OTA locals for free.

gives you extra tuners for OTA
211k has one sat and one OTA tuner
722 has one OTA and 2 sat tuner
722k has 2 sat tuners with the option to add a OTA cartridge for added 2 OTA tuners

That sucks, why do dish network receivers like the 211k and 722 come with OTA modules so you can receiver your OTA locals for free.

Dish had to agree to put locals with every sub to carry locals. Local stations demand that all the subs in their area "contribute" to their bottom line.

Not to keep this going but I needed MattG from DIRT help remove locals after I had ordered a PPV[previous pm from Matt]:

I did not add the locals onto the account, but it looks like when the PPV was ordered, they were added on
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
DISH Network Customer Service
Sunday-Thursday 2:45p-11:15p (MST)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)