Amiko A3 - FTA 7 Day EPG Now Available for North America

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just to keep this post at least partially on topic, the EPG is working fine here on both A3s.
Here's a copy of a post I made at FridgeFTA on 05/27 concerning MEtv and exFAT:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

RE: Europe Version Amiko A3 ROM 2.0.72 Testing Thread for North America STB’s

More testing. I reformatted the portable drive back to exFAT, created a PVR folder on it and connected it to the original A3. It was recognized and assigned a drive letter.

For a high bitrate test I made two test recordings of ABC3 on G16 @ 99W 4140 V 30000 to the internal NTFS-formatted drive and two tests to the external exFAT-formatted drive. All four tests were immediately playable and worked fine using the Record app.

Next I made a test recording of MEtv1 on SES 1 @ 101W 3974 V 5923 to the exFAT-formatted drive. When I tried to play this test with the Record app I got the "Sorry ..." message and the file wouldn't play. I then tried playing some of the older recordings on the internal drive but every attempt gave the "Sorry ..." message. I started XBMC and added the exFAT-formatted drive's PVR folder as a media share. The recordings on all drives played without any problem.

I closed XBMC and again tried to play a couple of recordings with the Record app but they still wouldn't play.

Instead of running Scan Media Files from the File List app I just rebooted the A3. After the reboot I tried playing recordings using the Record app and everything played fine. I made several other short test recordings (including one of MEtv1) to the exFAT drive and each was immediately playable using the Record app. After 5 or 6 tests of MEtv l got the "Sorry ..." message and the last recording wouldn't play with the Record app but XBMC did play it. After a reboot the Record app also played it.

To summarize, XBMC immediately plays all the recordings on the exFAT drive after recording while the Record app will play some of them. When a recording is made that the Record app won't immediately play, a reboot (without the File List Scan Media Files being run) will "fix" the problem (whatever it is) and the Record app will play the recording. The reboot is a lot faster than running the scan.

I can live with the reboot after some recordings so I'll probably leave this exFAT drive connected to the hub to use when I want to record the "problem" channels.

Ernie

Source: http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=36709&page=3#ixzz3cyAyw5Zd
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note that I've kept the internal drive in each of the A3s formatted NTFS and only have an external exFAT drive connected to the USB hub.

That's about what I am seeing also. Thanks for the clarification!

Now that I blew away all but one transponder on 101w, and did the rescan I mentioned in my above post, I lost my epg completely. I have tried everything to get it back, including downloading and reinstalling, rebooting, putting it into false standby, waiting hours, and it simply won't run anymore.

I don't know what's up with that now. I really don't want to start over from scratch and reload everything again...

Did you try forcing an update from the crossEPG app Primestar?

Ernie I have ran into that also with the record app. It will play back a few files and then nothing. Reboot and you can continue with a few more, stop and repeat with reboot.
My assumption is whomever wrote that app wrote some sloppy code and memory is leaking.

Maybe this might help.

I noticed that if I scanned in a new channel, the EPG might not propagate on the channel banner, but it would propagate once I entered the channel list mode. Exit the channel list and the EPG would display on the channel banner.

Ah, Yes Brian I forgot about that, as mine has been working fine for the last few days.

Maybe this might help.

I noticed that if I scanned in a new channel, the EPG might not propagate on the channel banner, but it would propagate once I entered the channel list mode. Exit the channel list and the EPG would display on the channel banner.

Nope, it doesn't show there either. I might just have to do a reload of my backup after loading 2.0.72, and before I did the epg install on my older A3. That'll probably wipe out all the new scanned channels on 101w, but I don't see anything else left to try.

I have to leave for work in 20 minutes, so I'll probably leave this for now. Maybe it'll somehow fix itself eventually auto-magically while it's just sitting.

p.s. I lost EPG on every channel, on EVERY satellite that had it, even though I didn't play with anything except 101w.

p.p.s. Could maybe doing a satellite app RESET work? If so, how do you do so without doing a Dee-Ann wipe, that blows away the system? I do have quite a few backups though.

On my way to work my brain suddenly came up with a thought: "I wonder what would happen if I deleted the Decades channel? Would the EPG come back?".

Sounds kind of out there, BUT, I had a full EPG before doing a manual PID scan to get the Decades channel in the first place... So who knows? I'll try it when I get out of work.

Well, I just got home from work, turned on the receiver, and discovered a SINGLE channel that got back guide data since I've been gone. GLC on 101w, which is the ONLY transponder I left from the originals when deleting all the others to re-blindscan from scratch trying to pickup the Decades channel...

I'm going to bed...

I'm still working on it, but I MAY have fixed this issue with the EPG.

Short story: I removed all channels from all sats, tv and radio. I rebooted. I then downloaded the "Default NA" satellite list 10750. I then unselected the sats I can't get, and blindscanned in channels on each sat in turn. EPG appears to be back, at least on more than 1 channel. I'll have to check against the list at the Fridge to see if I have it for all channels that SHOULD have it. I have a LOT of cleaning up to do on pay channels and such, so we'll see how it goes.

Now, if we only had a much better "Record" app to playback dvr shows. I really like the MicroHD's method, and ESPECIALLY the :30 second skip feature Brian got added to it! I'm going to play with XBMC to play dvr files instead, but I've never really used that much, so have a long way to go for learning that program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)