AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

Is there a place I can download the v2.0.72 firmware?
Thought it was saved with the original backup but doing a full restore it goes back to the latest installed version.
-C.

Mine is going to the doorstop level. Thought I had it back to normal, haven't used it much but tried to record the Clemson game Monday night. Hit record watched for a hour or so , went to bed. Got up the next morning and it was locked up tight. Tried to reboot, hangs at reboot after about a dozen tries it finally boots and guess what? I have a European A3 again. It was good for a few months, but now is a POS. Sure wish Joe was not pre occupied with others things so he could help some loyal customers.

I'd wipe it back to a previous working firmware and bring it to the newest version. Unless it is hardware failure that should do it.

I'd also disconnect or remove any harddrives, sdcards, etc for a few days and see how it does without them.

So far I have not had any luck finding the ROM 2.0.72, at least from a reliable source.
I have a copy of several of the newer ROM versions but the 2.0.72 I had saved as a b/u will not load.

Found it on the "NEW ROM" website where the A3 looks for updates when using it's default updater app. The two later ROMs are there as well under the BETA catagory.

I re-loaded .72, wiped everything, and re-loaded the factory NA data a few days ago. Seems to be working better now but time will tell.

Found it on the "NEW ROM" website where the A3 looks for updates when using it's default updater app. The two later ROMs are there as well under the BETA catagory.

I re-loaded .72, wiped everything, and re-loaded the factory NA data a few days ago. Seems to be working better now but time will tell.
Could you provide the link?

Use the Update app. You need to do the Update.zip to revert to .53 first. Ensure you have a good backup first!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Babadem
Use the updater app in the receiver and it is still there as the latest stable release.
I know about the updater App. I was thinking there a download link so that I can have a downloaded backup copy in-case it wasn't available anymore in the the Updater App.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I know about the updater App. I was thinking there a download link so that I can have a downloaded backup copy in-case it wasn't available anymore in the the Updater App.
Ok gotcha thought you was wanting it right now on the receiver.

AFAIK, you can't revert firmware versions via any normal update process, ie the installed Updater app. You need to wipe the unit back to a fresh starting point, then update. Update.zip is the file used. Go to fridgefta to learn how and get the file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

The A3 with 2.0.72 has been working very well for a few weeks now. They must have messed something up in the later rom releases. So far though I have not added any apps or activated XBMC(I actually deleted it), and I actually haven't even used any apps other than the "record" and scheduler (which does not work anyway). No HDD currently installed and using a 64GB microSD card for recording. This config seems to be stable, at least on my unit.

Is there a way to access the A3 remotely (via LAN) other than using the spark server, such as KODI when installed on another computer on the network? I have not been able to use the Spark app or VLC (with FBVLC or Web Chimera) to work through Firefox or Internet Exploder. They just crash or become unresponsive. This was working under later firmware but not on 2.0.72 for some reason.

I am able to access the microSD card and the root drive via the LAN so that part is working. And by LAN I mean wired, not wireless.

When I got home last night my A3 was stuck on boot and my wife said she'd tried to reboot it several times during the day. It was on .78 so I followed the restore instructions and put .72 on it. Hopefully it works better. I'm only using it as a media player and no longer use it as a satellite box.

Last weekend I powered on mine (from soft standby) to find a flickering gray screen. I rebooted it and got stuck at the boot screen. I wiped the userdata and when I rebooted again, it was running 2.0.72 -- I had previously upgraded it all the way to 2.0.77! I downloaded and installed 2.0.78 and it seemed to be working for a while, but today I got into the familiar endless loop of "Unfortunately, Spark Home has stopped" popups. Exiting them via either the Wait or Quit options only led to every channel I tried to view cycling between working, "Scrambled", and "No Signal". After rebooting several times, it stabilized, only to later lock up hard on a blind scan...

The final weirdness I ran into today: after wiping userdata last weekend, I had no extra apps installed. I left it that way (from lack of time to play more than anything), so I'm now doubting the hypothesis that adding apps like Kodi causes instability! But when I did download and install the latest version of Kodi, I was expecting it to also be a blank slate. When I started it up, it did in fact print the expected "preparing for first run" (or however it phrases it) message. But after it started, all my network shares were exactly as I had left them! (Unfortunate, because I was really hoping for a clean slate -- it's made some bad guesses as to titles and artwork from some of my filenames, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to fix it...)

"Alien" is certainly an appropriate name for this receiver, because it defies human logic at every move!

Last weekend I powered on mine (from soft standby) to find a flickering gray screen. I rebooted it and got stuck at the boot screen. I wiped the userdata and when I rebooted again, it was running 2.0.72 -- I had previously upgraded it all the way to 2.0.77! I downloaded and installed 2.0.78 and it seemed to be working for a while, but today I got into the familiar endless loop of "Unfortunately, Spark Home has stopped" popups. Exiting them via either the Wait or Quit options only led to every channel I tried to view cycling between working, "Scrambled", and "No Signal". After rebooting several times, it stabilized, only to later lock up hard on a blind scan...

The final weirdness I ran into today: after wiping userdata last weekend, I had no extra apps installed. I left it that way (from lack of time to play more than anything), so I'm now doubting the hypothesis that adding apps like Kodi causes instability! But when I did download and install the latest version of Kodi, I was expecting it to also be a blank slate. When I started it up, it did in fact print the expected "preparing for first run" (or however it phrases it) message. But after it started, all my network shares were exactly as I had left them! (Unfortunate, because I was really hoping for a clean slate -- it's made some bad guesses as to titles and artwork from some of my filenames, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to fix it...)

"Alien" is certainly an appropriate name for this receiver, because it defies human logic at every move!

Funny you should mention that. We left ours on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to watch tv in the morning I had a gray screen as well. The remote was totally unresponsive so I had to pull the power plug to fix it. This was unusual as ours works pretty well for FTA reception. A few problems we have had:

• The guide stopped working in November and no amount of fiddling has gotten it to return. Tried all the fixes mentioned over at Fridge, even tried the low level NAND wipe and recovery to no avail. One of the main reasons we got it was the guide, which my wife loved.
  • IPTV has never worked. Just get an error when you start it and none of the links work.
  • Occasional lock up during blind scan (rare).

Also don't believe it's adding apps that makes it unstable as the problems above all happened before adding any apps. Oh well, nothings perfect... :rolleyes: