AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
SMB connecting issues: This maybe a dead issue for most, but for some it isn't.
Below is what I found to be a lasting solution to SMB not seeing and connecting to your Kodi Movie Server on Windows: I found the information here:

When you configure one of the four options for the Server service, the information is saved to the following two registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters\size
Your choices for this registry key are 1,2 and 3.

Note: Mine (Windows 10) was missing the registry key "Size" and I added it gave it a value of "3"

1 = Minimize Memory Used
2 = Balance
3 = Maximize Throughput for File Sharing and Maximize Throughput for Network Applications

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache

Your choices for this registry key are 0 and 1.
1 = Maximize Throughput for File Sharing
0 = Maximize Throughput for Network Applications
So, make sure the "size" key is set to 3. Mine was set to 1, and setting to 3 instantly solved the problem (a reboot might be required for the changes to take effect).

The other key value was already at 1 for me, but still make sure it's not 0.

Attachments

• SizeEdit Value-2.jpg
    SizeEdit Value-2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 297
  • SizeEdit Value.jpg
    SizeEdit Value.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: mc6809e and KE4EST
Spent some time this am on the A3 and got it to boot again! After 3 tries and on the 4th it seemed to be able to read the boot-recovery image in the uSD card I guess.

For some reason though it doesn't recognize my saved channel/sat lists. The original sat/app list won't load either. Non of the saved data files I have seem to work. I was able to program in manually a couple of sats/TPs and they are working currently. It has the default European/Asian list that comes with the boot-loader. Firmware version is as before, .72.

I backed up the current config to a USB drive and plugged it into a windows PC, but the spark2 editor doesn't seem to recognize the file either.

Is there a particular way to configure the spark2 editor, or is there another editor that might work? Hoping I don't have to re-load everything manually! :(

The Spark2Editor I have only works with the .xml files created by the Database Transform export function. I export the database to a network drive, use a PC to edit the files on the network drive and then import them back into the A3. If all the changes I made are satisfactory then I make a new backup that includes them.

The files are in .xml format but will try exporting them to the pc directly and see if that works. Tnx Ernie!

The last time I restored one of my A3s was 10/05/17 to see if the slow remote response would improve, which it did. Here's part of a post I made at another site:

+ + + + + + + + + +
"BTW, I did replace 2.0.78 on the A3 that had been running it since January. Instead of using the v2.0.72 update.zip file that's included in the recovery software I decided to try one of the older ROMs that Joe had "Americanized" before the switch to using the European versions. I chose ROM40S which is actually v2.0.61 and renamed it to update.zip. I then replaced the update.zip on the microSD card with the renamed file and performed the reflash. After the box finished the update I ran Eurotrash just like in the "old days". The box seems to be quite a bit more responsive to the remote control now.

Though I haven't had to restore that A3 since .78 was installed in January, it has seemed to be getting slower and slower in responding to the remote (even when the remote is fully charged). I'll try it for a while to see how it works out.

It seems like more people started having problems with the A3's after Amiko switched to the "One ROM For Everybody" model and Joe stopped removing the modules and functions from the firmware that were needed for Europe but served no purpose here in North America."

+ + + + + + + + + +

BTW, that firmware's satellite list goes from 24.5W to 135W. It's still working fine and I haven't had any problems with that box.

Reactions: KE4EST
It is just Android, no magic. You can go in and remove apps you don't want yourself and save a new backup. :)

Hi Everyone,
I have a similar problem as described above. My A3 looks like is all european model. I got this in March 2016. I was using it as Kodi and works fine. When I tried to configure satellite I see only Eastern satellites. Version is 2.0.78. I don't have any backups. I want to get Satellite Downloader App but its missing. See the attached screen pics, Pls let me know how can I get US satellitles.
Thanks

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but backups are essential, especially with Android or Linux receivers with customized software. The first thing I saw in the box of every Amiko receiver I got (from the first Alien 1 to the sample A3 Combo) was the reminder to make a backup of the factory firmware and put it in a safe place.

BTW, which NA Amiko dealer still had A3's in stock in March of this year? I think the FridgeFTA store closed at the end of last year but I don't know what the status was with the authorized dealers. If I were you, I'd contact the dealer it was purchased from and see what he/she has to say.
Hi All,
Can someone pls help me with my Amiko A3. I lost my backup and do not see north american satellites. I tried the files given to me by you but couldn't restore the NA satellites. I really appreciate if someone can share their NA backup for Amiko A3. Or guide me how can I restore so I can get NA satellites.
Thanks.

Hi All,
Can someone pls help me with my Amiko A3. I lost my backup and do not see north american satellites. I tried the files given to me by you but couldn't restore the NA satellites. I really appreciate if someone can share their NA backup for Amiko A3. Or guide me how can I restore so I can get NA satellites.
Thanks.
That receiver is obsolete. I haven't even used mine since 2017, back when Amiko stopped supporting them. Time for a new one:

Or this: Amiko Mini HD265 Wi-Fi FTA Receiver DVB-S2 H.265 HEVC With NTP and Wi-Fi 5999883026946 | eBay

I'm still struggling with my A3.
Re. your recommendations, I don't want to try another Amiko and Edision is little too high for my budget.
What do you think about GTmedia's v8 uhd, v9 prime or Koqit's v5h?

Hi All,
Thanks.

I'm still struggling with my A3.
Re. your recommendations, I don't want to try another Amiko and Edision is little too high for my budget.
What do you think about GTmedia's v8 uhd, v9 prime or Koqit's v5h?

I know I have my original backup here on a drive somewhere. This is the backup we were supposed to make before doing anything else with the A3 when we first purchased it. I could search for it and if I can find it I can share it if it would be helpful to you? Let me know. :)

Yeah Mike that will be great, Ernie has also provided me with some files. Now I can see NA satellites list but cannot catch any on A3. I have version .72, I was thinking of upgrading to .78, not sure if that will help.

I can understand the reluctance to buy another Amiko receiver if the A3 is your only experience with Amiko. I liked the A3 but haven't hooked one up in years. I have two A3s as well as an A3 Combo 4K and all do exactly what they were advertised to do. Since the A3 is a computer running applications it is much easier to have something go wrong and support from AmikoAmericas ended when Joe shut down FridgeFTA years ago.

However, the other Amiko receivers I have (except for the Alien and Alien2), including the Amiko MINI 4K UHD S2X receiver are more "appliance" receivers using the ALI chipset without all the bells and whistles of an android or linux operating system. Setup with them is much the same as with most other typical sat receivers.

It's just my opinion but if I were going to buy another basic HEVC receiver it would be an Amiko since North American support is available and it is sold by vendors who happen to be members here. I've bought receivers (including a GT Media) that didn't come with N.A. support and they appeared to be optimized for "other" uses and not for FTA as it's implemented here in North America. Motor control was a major pain. Those receivers were sent to recycling many years ago.

Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTA4PA