KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I have pulled this file until I can get a 60Hz version.

Amiko Mini HD SE Firmware 2.2.06: YouTube Fix

Fixed YouTube for the new API 3.

Known issue: some videos will not play. This is being worked on.

To upgrade:
Follow this procedure EXACTLY or you will end up with no satellites at all and you’ll wipe all of your channels and settings.

MAKE A BACKUP. This contains the satellites and your current channels, settings and other data. It is needed if you mess up the upgrade. Plug in a USB flash drive. Go to MENU > SYSTEM > SOFTWARE UPGRADE > BACKUP TO USB, arrow down to "Backup to USB" and press OK. You’ll end up with an .abs file starting with “bak-“

ONLINE UPDATE
-------------

1. MENU > SYSTEM > SOFTWARE UPGRADE >HTTP UPGRADE > MANUAL UPGRADE.

2. Ensure upgrade mode is SOFTWARE(NO CHANNEL LIST).

3. Press RED key on remote. Your STB will download & install the new firmware and reboot when done.

USB UPDATE
----------

1. Unzip the update package and put the .abs file in the root of a USB flash drive.

2. MENU > SYSTEM > SOFTWARE UPGRADE > UPGRADE BY USB

3. Select the .abs file on the Upgrade File line.

4. BE SURE UPGRADE MODE IS SOFTWARE(NO CHANNEL LIST)

5. Arrow to start and press OK on remote. Your STB will install the new firmware and reboot when done.

Last edited:
Reactions: N6BY
It works, thank you.

One minor issue: After I downloaded 2.2.06 and rebooted, it changed my "Display Mode" to "1080i_50" which my TV cannot display. So I got a black screen and had to hook up to the AV out to another TV and change the Display Mode back to "1080i_60", which is what it was set to before I upgraded.

Yes I did some testing and it appears with this one it will not let me save a patch in 60Hz. It reverts back to 50 no matter what I try. I confirmed this with Joe over a Amiko Americas.
If I do a back-up and full restore it stays at 60 but then if people did that they would have my satellite list instead of theirs. :)

Slightly OT but:
On one of my TVs does the something similar if you shut the receiver off then turn it back on at some point.
There will be no display, somehow it reverts to something the TV does not like.
The fix is to keep hitting the V. Format button on the remote until the display returns. During this process the selected resolution will display on the LED readout. This is on a Samsung using the HDMI.

I will then switch to Auto or a supported resolution in the AV Control settings. Turn the receiver off and back on and no picture.

This is on v 2.0.38

Just making people aware that the V Format button is available, so you wont have to switch TVs.

Reactions: N6BY
Thanks Fred. I completely forgot about the V Format button.

I think at age 57 I have managed to completely fill up my memory. Wish I could buy more.

Thanks Fred. I completely forgot about the V Format button.

I think at age 57 I have managed to completely fill up my memory. Wish I could buy more.

I know what you mean, I can't by more and it leaks like badly written code.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)