AMIKO Amiko Mini HD SE organizing satellite transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sinsky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2020
Truckee, CA
New to the device, I have been battling this all day.... let's see if I can adequately describe my problems:

I am guessing when you do the transponder scan on a satellite, you want to be doing it from the Installation page, under satellite Installation. What I don't understand is why, when doing the transponder scan on say 95W, why aren't the transponders found put in a 95W group? Instead, it appears that all the transponder scans for all satellites are dumped into the Organizing Services page- with no designation which program is associated to which satellite. It is driving me crazy. I want to put all my scans from 95W in a 95W group with sub headings like: Old TV shows, News, Sports, Feeds, so when I go to each satellite, I can choose from the list associated to that satellite; but apparently this device doesn't do that.

At the top of the Organizing Services page, I'd like to break the Group <All Satellite>" into separate satellite files with sub-folders under each satellite, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to rename the "Group<All Satellites> field into other group subheadings.... so instead, when I scan transponders on 95W, all the active transponders are dumped onto this page...and when I go to the next satellite and I download those transponder scans they just fall into the list at the last number the of channels were from 95W. It is creating a nightmare for me to try to figure out which channels are on which satellite and it is driving me crazy. I've probably spend most of today trying to figure out how to group the transponder scans to each satellite to no avail.

So, once I figure out the way to group these scans, how do I delete previous scans so I can re-do the scans in an orderly fashion to put them in a proper group. If this device doesn't allow me to group my transponder scans in a file-like system, what system allows this? Not being able to group my scans is a deal breaker for me, and very annoying.

What's the secret?

I seen it, been busy all evening, also trying to locate where I have stored an SE, the new ones I don't see groups just favorites. So, gonna have to look into to this. Personally, I never use either. So, it is not in the front of my mind.

Reactions: primestar31
Okay I think I see what you are wanting to do, and yes this is still on the current version of the receiver, I guess I sped read your post and misunderstood. No, you cannot rename the list "All Satellites" as that is just what it is and list of channels from all satellites. While in that menu, you can right arrow over and edit the name of the channel or move it around where ever you want. You can also delete a channel from the list. Also, if you look over to the right of the screen you see a red block next to "Group" and a green block next to "Options" this refers to the color buttons on the remote. This will give you even more choices.

When you go to a different satellite and do a scan it will put the channels under that satellite name, they are not all just thrown into a big pot. While in viewing TV mode(like watching a channel), press the OK button on the remote once. This will bring up a list of channels that have been scanned in. Name look at the very bottom of the box that pops up with all the channels in it. Here you will find again the colored blocks or icons if you prefer. Next to each will give you the name of what the colored button on the remote will do, in this screen.

Now while looking at what is in the above paragraph, let's assume you want to view what is on 101W, okay fine, press the red button on your remote. Now, from the menu that appears, arrow down until you have satellite selected---press OK---now arrow down(or up) to 101W and press OK. Now it will just show what is on 101W. If you go in and add favorites you can also select that from here, or only free channels, etc.

Let me know if this helps you out. I also, have several videos on the HD SE on my YouTube channel. Also, there are videos on the newer HD265, in which the menus are almost identical.

Reactions: primestar31
I seen it, been busy all evening, also trying to locate where I have stored an SE, the new ones I don't see groups just favorites. So, gonna have to look into to this. Personally, I never use either. So, it is not in the front of my mind.
That helps a lot, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)