AMIKO Amiko Mini HD265 and reboot on timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
Does anyone have an issue with the Amiko Mini HD265 where is rebooks itself upon a timed recording starting?

I'm running the latest firmware and it happens every time.

At first I thought it was PSU issue so went from a 12v 1.5A to a 12v 3.0A supply but no difference.

The machine also has no problem if I manually start recording or with playback, so perhaps power isn't the issue. It happens with both a USB drive or USB hard disk.

Thanks in advance

First time I have heard of this issue. Is the USB drive externally powered?

Reactions: harshness
I'm experiencing the same issue, also on the latest firmware. If I set a timer to wake up and tune to a TV channel, it works fine. If I set the timer to record a TV channel, when the timer starts the unit reboots, the time reverts to 7:00 AM, the channel does not change and nothing is recorded. Pressing the record button to record a TV channel works fine.
Anyone have a solution?

Okay guys try the attached firmware. Make sure to do a channel list backup first. Then install this firmware with ALL + BOOTLOADER as the upgrade mode.
Then you can restore your channel list with just "Channel List" under Upgrade Mode.

Attachments

• HD265_1421.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 232
I have loaded the new posted 1.4.21 firmware and it has fixed the timer recording issue for me. It also fixed YouTube, and added a C/F temperature mode switch for the weather app, unless I just didn't notice it before. I haven't found any other problems or changes with limited use. I did a software only upgrade, since I had problems with the channel list restore the last time and the boot loader is the same as the last version. Thanks Michael.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)