Amiko Nano HD Review Part 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm really liking the remote. Its full size and feels great and it works quite well.
?

Yes I too am pretty happy with the remotes that come with these boxes.

Quick Video from HDMI capture card showing update via USB.

I was able to flash with another firmware but when rebooted it locked out since the unit is locked to vendor ID.

?

Last edited by a moderator:
All in all I think its a great box for the money. I have been playing with mine since it arrived on Friday, and I am definitely satisfied. Its my first true blindscan box (have been wanting one for a while) and I chose the right one. The video is as good or better than my Azbox elite, and it will lock signals that the Azbox wont.

mmewrench said:
All in all I think its a great box for the money. I have been playing with mine since it arrived on Friday, and I am definitely satisfied. Its my first true blindscan box (have been wanting one for a while) and I chose the right one. The video is as good or better than my Azbox elite, and it will lock signals that the Azbox wont.

Good to hear your enjoying. Hopefully the WebTv firmware will be released within a few months its the frosting on top of the cake :)

I only have about 4 hours playing around with the WebTv on the nano. It's right up my ally nice and basic. I'm hoping to get more time in before Satellite Nation tonight because Joe is coming on. I have gotten my A75 sending a multicast to VLC to transcode for the nano but that's as far as I have gotten. Check us out tonight at 8pm EST.

? photo (14).JPG

Last edited:
That almost makes it a Must Buy.

I found this on joes site hope it helps. Amiko manuals are pretty worthless for North America. However the unit is pretty easy to use I do understand some folks love there manuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info wallyhts, I was just wondering, it was very simple to set up, not bad so far.
Regards.
Chewie

Most FTA equipment manuals I've seen confuse more than help. An exception would be the microHD manual, since it was written by a North American for use in North America.

I wouldn't expect too much of WebTV; the receiver looks great for pure FTAers and maybe watching Youtube but not for Streaming TV, specially if you are expecting out too much of HD; the Ali microprocessor used on this receiver has a limited 1/10 ethernet bus that limits the download speed.

Good to hear your enjoying. Hopefully the WebTv firmware will be released within a few months its the frosting on top of the cake :)

Vondertrenk said:
I wouldn't expect too much of WebTV; the receiver looks great for pure FTAers and maybe watching Youtube but not for Streaming TV, specially if you are expecting out too much of HD; the Ali microprocessor used on this receiver has a limited 1/10 ethernet bus that limits the download speed.

Vondertrenk said:

Yes I've been testing the WebTV plugin and have not gotten anything above 150KB Joe said he saw 200 one time.

Buffer buffer buffer lol :)

Is this WebTV service available in Canada, or as Hulu et al is not?

Here is the reply I got back from Joe at Amiko Americas:

It is not an if/when it will work, already works just waiting on Europe to give me a public release so I can make our NA/NZ/AU versions. Nothing on there will be blocked from Canada from us at this point, I don’t see anything coming that would require us to block Canada to carry it. That doesn’t mean one of the content owners can’t block Canada, just that we won’t be blocking on our server.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts