AMIKO Amiko Nano PVR Question

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
My money tree in my back yard has an illness and the leaves are getting less and less. With this problem I will be departing from Dish this coming September. I DON'T want to, I HAVE to. With this in mind, I have been working on "other" areas to receive some TV. I added a hard drive to my Nano and have been testing the PVR functions. Very interesting. This has brought up a problem I hope there is a way to solve. Watching a two hour recording and one gets 1-1/2 hours into the playback and must stop. When I come back the recording will only start over. Is there a way to "mark" where you had to stop? Two other recorders I have will. One I have to mark the spot the other one does it automatically. Can start up where you left off with the Nano PVR be done or do you have to fast forward back to where you left off?

It looks like that has an Ali processor. So, while watching a dvr'ed show, hit your PLAY button to bring up the timeline, then hit the RED button on the bottom of the remote to mark that spot. The GREEN button is used to jump to that, if you start over.

See if that works for you. Note: I don't own a Nano, but I do have a MicroHD with an Ali processor that works that way.

Reactions: norman881
Thanks for the info but that did not work. It got me messing around with other functions and I did discover that in the PVR settings if I set the Jump Step to 3 minutes and when restarting the playback, pressing and holding the page down button it will jump three minutes and continues. It is a MUCH faster way to get back to where you left off. All I have to do is to write down the timeline count when I stop. That will get me back to that spot very fast.

Yes, AFAIK, there is no way to mark a spot on the Nano. You just have to use page down to get to where you want. Now not saying it is not possible as I have not messed with DVR functions on my Nano in over a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts