Amp options

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I have this OTA antenna. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EHYG9K]Amazon.com: Antennas Direct DB4 Multi Directional HDTV Antenna: Electronics[/ame] Works great. Would like a higher signal. What would be a good in line amp to add to this antenna?

It all depends on how close you are to stations and/or FM stations.

Look at your exact address profile in TVFool.com and if you have a fullpower station within 10 miles of you, you need to use a Winegard HDP-269 urban pre-amp to avoid tuner overload.

It will also tell you if amplification will get you any more stations.

Looks like you are about 20 miles from the Little Rock stations, but you have 5 stations slightly east of north from you and 3 stations slightly south of east from you.

After Feb. 17 it will be 7 north and 2 east.

All green.

You need a rotator, not an amplifier unless you split the signal so many times that your TVs lose lock..

There are actually 2 CBS towers at the moment. The newer tower is already transmitting and it's in the same area as the other major locals are. The older one will be shut down after FEB 17. PBS i don't care about so I really don't think I'll worry about a rotator. I'll check on the Winegard. Thanks for the info fellas.