Televes Pre amp Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Will62

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Missouri
Just purchased the following Pre amp.

The plastic box seems kind of flimsy and the foam at the bottom where you route the coax cable into the unit seems like it will not withstand rain and snow.

Is this Pre amp designed to be used inside a home? I'm wary about putting this box on the mast.
I have one, and it's been out in the weather for over a year, no issues. As for where it should be mounted, as close to the antenna as possible works best. Just my .02, hope it helps you.

Just purchased the following Pre amp.

The plastic box seems kind of flimsy and the foam at the bottom where you route the coax cable into the unit seems like it will not withstand rain and snow.

Is this Pre amp designed to be used inside a home? I'm wary about putting this box on the mast.
Like you, I just bought one too. A great little sealed amp inside the flimsy box. I agree. I did not like the plastic strap in our Oregon Coastal stormy weather, so I drilled a couple of holes, mounted a piece of metal strapping so I can clamp the box securely to the mast. The box I think will be fine out in the weather as long as your coax connections are weather proofed. Our weather has been wet, so I will wait to install it. I am replaced a CM 7888 amp as it doesn't have a LTE filter built in. I think I will move it to my FM Yagi. I have a cel tower about a mile away and I think I am getting interference on a couple of channels.

Reactions: Tvland1
I too have a cell tower 1 mile away, others 2 miles away. The filter built into the Televes amp. was not sufficient to block strong FM and/or LTE signals. Using a external filter from Channel Master proved necessary.

I found a good trouble shooting tool, called Tiny SA about $75 and the size of a smart phone. Using it showed strong FM signals all around me. One WDGG is 100 KW about 5 miles behind me, and another 15 KW directly in front less than 3 miles.

Amazon product ASIN B08C8RNX17View: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Karagas-0-1MHZ-350MHZ-240MHZ-960MHZ-Frequency/dp/B08C8RNX17/ref=asc_df_B08C8RNX17/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532533086121&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4862443203951412514&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1018511&hvtargid=pla-1632802857312&psc=1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)