An Annoying Problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Toph

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Well, I received L2.01 today...

I like the PIP a lot and the "time left" indicator in the middle-right of the top banner is handy too!

Though, I have found an annoying problem...I'll attempt to explain...

I switch my 522 to dual mode and have the digital audio output for TV1 connected to my surround receiver. Every time I change channels on TV2 the digital audio drops out for a moment from TV1 and returns when TV2 tunes in the station. I tried the analog audio connections for TV1 and they don't act this way...it's just the digital audio connection for TV1 that drops out and returns? I know this is a new feature for the 522 but, I just want to make sure it gets fixed and that I'm not the only one experiencing this bug.

Could someone with a digital audio receiver test this out?

Also, any chance a new software version will have a combined dual/single mode when shared is disabled TV2 can watch whatever TV1s small picture is watching? (COMBINED DUAL/SINGLE) I'm just not sure when I or anybody would ever disable shared view.

Thanks a bunch!
TOPH

*update*

*UPDATE*

So, I go back to figuring this out...

The long dropouts only happen when the up or down buttons are used to change channels on TV2.

There are very brief dropouts when the guide is used to select a channel or a channel number is punched in.

I can live with it for now, after realizing the above. I probably will use single mode for a while anyway.

Thanks for listening!

TOPH

thats exactly what happened to my unit. I had it connected via an optical cable. That mad me so mad :mad:
Called Dish and they said if they get enough of these the will look into it. One of the reasons that i got this reciver was the optical jack. Now I cant use it. Also I dont get audio unless reciver 2 is on.

Toph said:
I'm just not sure when I or anybody would ever disable shared view.
I can think of a reason. If you are using single mode and you don't want people in another room to be able to see what you're watching, you can disable shared view.

Ok!

maximum, thanx! That wouldn't happen in my home but, it makes total sense! I think you found the only reason for disabling shared view....

for more info see these crossover threads http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=22305&page=3

saenzjoseph, you are correct about having TV2 tuner on to get digital audio out for TV1. :confused: WOW! :confused: Mine is the same way. How could "they" have missed this? I too, lease the 522 specifically for the optical audio output. I'm sure they will note it as a problem. For now, try just punching in the numbers to change channels or using the guide but, I guess you have to leave tuner 2 "ON" eternally. Personally, I'm just trying to use single mode as much as possible until the audio bug is fixed.

I just had a problem with single mode. I use the optical output. I was watching a movie and a timer went off that was set to record a movie to TV2. I lost all sound. To get it back I had to channel up and then back and the sound came back on.

You're not crazy, it's definitely a problem. I've been running single mode all day, and am watching Big Daddy on USA, apparently through tuner 2, while Whose Line is recording on tuner 1.

While watching Big Daddy, when TV1 went to record whoseline, the audio would drop out, until I paused, and unpaused. It happened both at 10 and 10:30. I only listen through the digital output, so I don't know if it affects the analogs either..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts