An honest source to purcahse a smart card from...

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Does anyone know of an honest source to purchase a smart card from? I have a spare receiver laying around and would like to activate it but it does not have a smart card installed. Dish told me that they would sell me one for $50.00 but there has to be a better price out there than that. The obvious fear is that I would purchase a card that has a balance or other issue that would prevent it from being used. Any ideas?

Surely someone has a used one in an old receiver that they are willing to get rid of. Is that not proper? Is that illegal? I do not want a hacked card just a legit g3 or g4 card that I can put into my spare receiver and call dish to activate.

Two notes:
Read post 2 above.
If you are willing to take a chance, and know Dish is not stupid, read post 2 above.

TANSTAFL.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Smart cards are "married" to their respective receiver and cannot be transferred. The only way to get a replacement is from Dish.

Its no big deal... I originally had a Duo 322 that came with a new smart card. I then bought a "brand new" ViP222k (from a local dealer) that didn't come with a smart card. I pulled the card out of the 322 and put it in the 222, called Dish and they activated the card in the new receiver. Then I bought a "brand new" (same local dealer) 625 and did the same thing. Now I would like to active the 222 but need a card for it. No unpaid balance, no tricks, not trying to get free service, just trying to get a card without have to pay dish $50.00 for one. That's all.

The internal cards overrode the slide in cards. Dish keeps tight control over security, due to bad experience.

IMHO.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Its no big deal... I originally had a Duo 322 that came with a new smart card. I then bought a "brand new" ViP222k (from a local dealer) that didn't come with a smart card. I pulled the card out of the 322 and put it in the 222, called Dish and they activated the card in the new receiver. Then I bought a "brand new" (same local dealer) 625 and did the same thing. Now I would like to active the 222 but need a card for it. No unpaid balance, no tricks, not trying to get free service, just trying to get a card without have to pay dish $50.00 for one. That's all.

What? The 222 has an internal card. As Navy said, the receivers just ignored the card swaps that you performed. Just activate your 222 without a card. It should work just fine.

What? The 222 has an internal card. As Navy said, the receivers just ignored the card swaps that you performed. Just activate your 222 without a card. It should work just fine.

Possible,but it could be an old internal card.Had a 622 like that,dish kept trying to activate it numerous times,until they figured out it had an outdated card.

Possible,but it could be an old internal card.Had a 622 like that,dish kept trying to activate it numerous times,until they figured out it had an outdated card.

If it's a 222k, then the internal card should suffice, since the 222k came out after the G3 upgrade.

If it's a 222k, then the internal card should suffice, since the 222k came out after the G3 upgrade.

One sure fire way to find out,op,go into the system info screen and see what it lists for smart card.Check the numbers with dirt to see if it can be activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts