An Idea For Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
:eurekaWe all know dish wants to grab the satellite market, mainly in the hd market.

Well What if dish made there own channels?

They could play the simpsons form one channel, then family guy from one channel, all on the same channel, then upconvert it to hd.

So We would have
1. All-Day Adult Cartoons-Hd (simpsons,family gu,y futurama, etc)
2. All-Day Soap-Operas -Hd (all my children, days of our lives,etc)
3. All-Day Sitcoms -Hd (Acording to Jim, That 70;s Show,etc)
4. All-Day Game Shows-Hd (Who want to be a millonaire, family fued,etc)
5. All-Day News-Hd (news from cnn, the fox news, then the weather channel,)
6. All-Day Drama-Hd (Csi Miami, Numbers,etc)
7. All-Day Childrens-Hd (Barney,Teletubbies, etc)
8. All Day Kids Cartoons-Hd (Jimmy Nuetron, Spongebob Square pants,etc)
9. All Day Comercials-Hd
10. All Day Crazy Mix-Hd (a handful of simpons, the cnn new ( you never know what the play next)

They wouldn't have to rebroadcast from diffrent channels, they could archive.

But the main point is, 10 more Hd Channels

But Wait There's More!:eek::eek::eureka

Then they could upconvert, dish interactive, dish 101 (help), the music channels (to hd music), then all the slate channels, and the menu, and the screensaver to Hd

By George, the would have an extra 70 hd channles, it would stomp directv FLAT. :cool:

Do you have any idea how much it will cost them to do this? Not to mention, most of those shows were not even shot in HD which means stretch-o-vision

Horrible idea dude, sorry

Up until about two weeks ago, they had a very good package of 15 specialized channels which were HD 24/7, no commercials, no stretching.

just accelerating to the logical conclusion we seem to have experienced around here recently... every thread, eventually, ends up being about VOOM. :)

Do you have any idea how much it will cost them to do this? Not to mention, most of those shows were not even shot in HD which means stretch-o-vision

Horrible idea dude, sorry

You could at least read to the end before you insult the guy. It was clearly a joke.

It wasn't particularly funny. But I'd rather talk to a guy who makes unfunny jokes than a guy who doesn't know what a joke is.

Horrible post dude, sorry.

You could at least read to the end before you insult the guy. It was clearly a joke.

It wasn't particularly funny. But I'd rather talk to a guy who makes unfunny jokes than a guy who doesn't know what a joke is.

Horrible post dude, sorry.
I'm sorry, but I can't assume intelligence levels anymore and without facial expressions, there's no way for me to tell.

i was on satellitedish.com which is a website that sell everything, fta receivers, c band parts ,etc,

They are selling 10" satellite dishes, didnt think one ever existesd

It would be nice to see a combat sports network in HD. There's enough content to run a 24 hour channel. They could pick up fights from foreign countries as well. There's the various leagues, etc. UFC, IFL, PFC, BoDog, etc.

It would be nice to see a combat sports network in HD. There's enough content to run a 24 hour channel. They could pick up fights from foreign countries as well. There's the various leagues, etc. UFC, IFL, PFC, BoDog, etc.
its called fight network shown on *ell *choice and some canadian cable companies lots of mma boxing and wrestling sometimes wrasslin as well

Attachments

• sarcasma.jpg
    sarcasma.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 113
I'm sorry, but I can't assume intelligence levels anymore and without facial expressions, there's no way for me to tell.

He said they should upconvert the screensaver and count it as a channel to compete with DirecTV! How could anyone take that post seriously!

Now that I read it again, I see the whole thing a criticism of all the upconverted- programming-for-the-sake-of-marketing channels. Like he's saying that they could just keep repackaging the same SD programming over and over and keep saying they have more and more channels. Maybe I'm giving the guy too much credit.

TechFizzle, you forum genius! You've found a way to generate huge posting numbers and force people to wake up while posting!

You will be banned for sure!

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)