An idea for the installer zone, a sub thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I was thinking that it might be an idea to make a sub forum in the installer zone for freelancers to post their location and contact info for work or for customers to post the need to have some work done or both. Another idea would be to have freelance techs register once a year and pay a small fee, the tech would then have an icon next to or under his/her name that would be a link to a profile that they could fill in location and contact info and what services they provide such as dbs, cable, ota, dsl, telco, theatre, cctv. The fee could also cover a registry page where each tech is linked to a page covering several states that a potential customer could then click on ( A - D or region ) and look for someone in their state that they could contact about doing some work. Ofcourse there would be the obligitory disclaimer in big bold flashing red letters stating that Satelliteguys.us and blah blah blah are not responsible for any work peformed by anyone that is not up to par or may even cause damage or worse and that the registry is only provided to put a customer intouch with someone that could provide the services needed.

Consider it a little bit of extra revenue and an easier way for site members to find someone to do the work they are looking for, you can usually see once a week someone posting in one or more forums that they are looking for an installer.

I think this would be Great (I'm Looking for an FTA Installer) But aren't only installers supposed to be in the "Installer Zone" How about placing it in the Classifieds under a "Services" Sub Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)