An Important Note About The Ads

I just took out a loan to buy a new truck (not brand new but new for me), and I’ve been thinking about updating to lifetime supporter instead of just a yearly member. Since I’ll have a little extra left over after I buy the truck, OK a lot extra left over, maybe I’ll do that and help the site out at the same time
I thought the window to be a Lifetime Supporter closed.

Reactions: pattykay
With the old software if I removed it, it would have removed the lifetime user group for all the members who got it. That would have been bad!

Not sure if the same is true for the new software.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: JSheridan
I see it's still available here:

And at the bottom it says it expires on August 5, 2016. :biggrin :biggrin
I see this when clicking your link:

Lifetime Membership!$99.00
Expires: Never
GIFT

--EDIT--

Nevermind...now I see the expires 2016. :D
Does that only appear if you already have the Lifetime membership? When I click on the link, I only see the following options:
1 year Pub Membership $21.99
2 year Pub Membership $39.98
3-month recurring subscription $6.99

I think the Lifetime was about a week or so that Scott opened it up awhile back ...

Now, Scott has the option to open it up once again if he sees fit ...
He will announce it if he decides to I am sure.

I don't think you needed to already be a Pub member to go lifetime iirc.

I think the Lifetime was about a week or so that Scott opened it up awhile back ...

Now, Scott has the option to open it up once again if he sees fit ...
He will announce it if he decides to I am sure.

I don't think you needed to already be a Pub member to go lifetime iirc.
I would certainly hope that you do not already need to be a Pub Member to upgrade to Lifetime. Otherwise, you should get a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the year you have already paid for, to be credited toward the cost of the Lifetime membership.

I would certainly hope that you do not already need to be a Pub Member to upgrade to Lifetime. Otherwise, you should get a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the year you have already paid for, to be credited toward the cost of the Lifetime membership.

Or you could just send him the money and tell him to keep the change to support the site. :)

Someone mentioned (do you need to be one, so I posted I didn't believe that to be so) I didn't say you did have to be.

There are no updates to Lifetime. That was a very limited time offer. Again the only reason it still shows (but is not available to purchase) is if I remove it it removed the Lifetime Membership Usergroup. (Which would be bad!). That was an issue in the old software not sure if it is now in the new software.

It’s time for another lifetime. I am ready to donate. The first lifetime wasn’t clear on the time frame. Hopefully SatelliteGuys goes on many lifetimes .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Me too! Sign me up. Open it back up for a brief period to bring in some new members.
It's apparent that after about 3 years, or however long I've been here, I'm a permanent resident so where do I make a financial commitment in appreciation for all that this site does and what goes into keeping it going?

Me too! Sign me up. Open it back up for a brief period to bring in some new members.
It's apparent that after about 3 years, or however long I've been here, I'm a permanent resident so where do I make a financial commitment in appreciation for all that this site does and what goes into keeping it going?
You can always do a Donation if you wish :

Donate

Doesn't sound like Scott has decided to open up the Lifetime option anytime soon.

Another email came back and was told that we had an sticky ad at the bottom of the page where it could possibly block other ads from being shown. So I removed it. ...
If the ad agencies were picky about that, then they might also not like the current Thanksgiving theme on the forum, with falling leaves passing over top of the ads near the top of each page. Yes, the leaves are transparent enough that you can see through them, but it still might be seen as "altering" the ad in some way.

As a nonpub member/registered user, the ads are totally fine on PC browser, and I understand the need. But I've noticed a huge surge when browsing the threads via the Chrome browser on my Android devices. Almost every time I click on a thread topic, I get a huge pop up ad that covers the screen and I have to manually click the upper right corner to remove it. And when I'm scrolling, an ad often follows and blocks my view. (If I didn't know any better, I'd think I had malware on my phone.)

I don't know if this is just how things are now or is an unintended consequence of the recent changes that you're still tweaking, but I just thought you should know. Thanks for all you do, Scott!

As a nonpub member/registered user, the ads are totally fine on PC browser, and I understand the need. But I've noticed a huge surge when browsing the threads via the Chrome browser on my Android devices. Almost every time I click on a thread topic, I get a huge pop up ad that covers the screen and I have to manually click the upper right corner to remove it. And when I'm scrolling, an ad often follows and blocks my view. (If I didn't know any better, I'd think I had malware on my phone.)

I don't know if this is just how things are now or is an unintended consequence of the recent changes that you're still tweaking, but I just thought you should know. Thanks for all you do, Scott!
I hope the ad situation gets better for you if you become a pub member.

If the ad agencies were picky about that, then they might also not like the current Thanksgiving theme on the forum, with falling leaves passing over top of the ads near the top of each page. Yes, the leaves are transparent enough that you can see through them, but it still might be seen as "altering" the ad in some way.
Well, the Thanksgiving theme has now ended, so this is a non-issue for now.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)