Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Wow what a day and what great feedback we have received from you to our new Uplink Forum!

Because of your suggestions we have made a few changes to make things easier for you to find things (today was wild I cant remember a day where Dish Network had 6 uplinks in one day)

To make things easier to find, all uplink posts are now listed in the time the uplin report was posted. This lets you see the uplinks as they rappened (most recent first)

We added a feature to let members subscribe to the Uplink Center forum and be notified instantly via and email that there has been a new uplink topic posted, however this is not currently working, and I honestly don't if it will. The reason for this is the uplink reports are not regular posts meaning that they go through the standard vbulletin posting method. Instead what happens is Digiblurs uplink software uploads the new uplink report to our server to a specific directory. I wrote a utility to check that directory and when it finds a file there to import it into the Uplink Center forum. This is how we were able to automate things. However it appears that this import does not trigger the new thread notification. (If you are subscribed to Immediate Notification please let me know if you got email for this thread since I am posting it as a new thread.)

I am going to keep working on this and see if I can fix the issue, thank you for your patience.

Thank you to everyone who joined us as a supporting pub member today, as you can see we turn the money around and invest back into the site. (We even ordered a new server yesterday!) If your not a pub member but want to help support the site please CLICK HERE.

This forum should get a lot more interesting in the weeks and months to come as Dish Network gets ready to roll out the rumored "Eastern Arc" project which we have talking about in the Pub forum. :)

Thanks for your support, we hope you enjoy the new "Uplink Center"

Scott, the instant email notification worked for this thread! Hopefully we can get it to work for the uplinks.

I use the RSS feed for notification on my Google homepage - it works great - though not quite instant.

The RSS reader on my phone does view the uplink reports very well. It's not usually a problem for this reader, but for whatever reason it's unreadable for this. It appears are if the reader doesnt acknowledge the line breaks in the feed.

Sorry about the last two threads... I was doing some digging around and got the process hung up causing it to report wrong on the first thread. Once I put it back, it picked up the changes and thought they got added back.

lol. I was watching Coach Carter on FX and thinking that this channel does not even exist.

It's been a long recode but the uplink tool has been recoded about 80% for better reliability and easier to read changes. I hopefully have all the bugs worked out now and currently have it in automation mode kicking out reports to just myself for the time being for the next two days. If all goes well it will switch into posting mode on Wednesday morning.

A huge THANKS goes out to JohnH for his part with the NIT/SDT parser. I couldn't done it without him.

As you can all tell the uplink report tool is currently running in automation mode. I have a few RSN daily moves to add to the filter list to cut down on the number of threads but everything is looking well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)