This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Analog cable available without paying?

Ozmiander

Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
A few days ago i had my digital tv/road runner disconnected and while the modem wasn't getting any signal, my tv sure as hell was when i bypassed the box. Is this some sort of fluke, or could i cut my bill in half by telling TW to cut the tv service?

if you cut the TV service, they will probably come out and install a filter that will only allow the frequency range necessary for internet access

I guess they could, but considering everything the house out was ORIGINAL from the first cable installation, it might be worth the risk.

this could be why Comcast charges an extra $15/month to have internet without cable... to recoup some of the losses?

Why did you have them disconnected? Was it a payment issue? usually they do a "Soft Disco" first if you are behind on payment which means they only turn off your equipment. They don't come to the place to do a physical disconnect. This saves them 2 truck rolls, and usually customers will take care of the bill when they have no internet or digital tv.

If you cancel your TV service they will come out to the house to perform the physical disco, which will include the installation of a Trap to block out services you are not supposed to receive.

Knowing that you have "digital" services, they simply deactivated your equipment from the office. 9 out of 10 people are none the wiser and think their service is "gone".

One summer, TW had a digital-only outage that affected a few people on our block. Out of curiosity, I disconnected the DVR and ran the cable straight to the TV and I got channels 2-78 (analog only). I had no set-top service nor RoadRunner for a few hours. My neighbor also lost his phone service.

If you cancel for real and don't have RR, they'll eventually come to your address and physically disconnect you at the pole or pedestal.